Listening to Music - Bluetooth or Portable Speaker?

1. beachbum61

beachbum61 Member

I just purchased a tablet (Acer A500) to use on a trip overseas, and I want to listen to Internet Radio (Sirius) while in the hotel rooms. I am considering two options - buying a bluetooth headset or buying a small portable speaker. I have never used either before. I do not want to spend too much because I won't use them back home.

I realize I won't get great sound with either. Staples sells a little portable speaker called Ihome for about $20 that plugs into the devise by USB port and recharges itself, which seems handy. Since I have never used a bluetooth headset I am not sure how good it is in that situation - wifi to device then bluetooth.

Any thoughts on which would deliver better sound, and be more useful in hotel rooms or small apartments?

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

First of all, you'll most likely find that SiriusXM will not work overseas. It's United States only I believe, unless someone can confirm otherwise.

All depends on what you prefer, do you want headphones or speakers? Headphones will always sound much better than a small pair of speakers. However when I'm staying in hotel rooms, small speakers are perfectly fine for me. I don't usually wear headphones in hotel rooms, well unless the neighbours are particularly noisy. I save the phones for the plane, train or bus.
  3. beachbum61

beachbum61 Member

Thanks for the response. I checked with Sirius and they said their Internet Radio works globally.

I went out and bought the $20 Ihome speaker and tried it out. It is ok - as you said ok for a hotel room at a moderate level. Probably a step above a laptop's speakers, but not as good as a bluetooth headset. It is very small so good for traveling. I will probably keep it.