listening to music online

Last Updated:

1. Zenith1900

Zenith1900 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so there is a website called

Advertisement
  2. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

I bet its a flash player. You didn't give us much information at all. Phone model, OS version (2.2?) Do you indeed have flash installed?

3. Zenith1900

I have LG Ally, not sure which version. From where might i install flash? and how would i know if whether i already have it? Thank you

4. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

ok, did a search

The LG Ally Will Receive Android 2.2 [LG Confirms That Froyo Is Coming To The Red-Headed Android Stepchild] TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities

The Ally will get 2.2 sometime in the (near?) future. You will need 2.2 to run flash. Flash is available on the Android market for free. So you would have manually installed it, but you may not see it in the market until you get 2.2.

That all having been said, i don't know what that website is using for streaming music. It might not even be flash. If you visit the website on your PC, (then stream music) what processes start up in the background?

5. Zenith1900

And will that update be available or will it just be on the newer phones? I am sorry for my ignorance i really new to smart phones. And i have no idea what processes start up in the background. I dont really know what that means. Thank you!

6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

You might be out of luck on the Ally. Flash 10 on 2.2 was intended for newer phones that have an ARMv7 processor (Snapdragon, OMAP, etc.). The Ally has an ARMv6 like my Eris. However, my Eris does run Flash 10 on 2.1. Though, it had Flash Lite 3 stock making it easier. Maybe if your lucky, someone may have ported Flash 10 to the Ally. Just don't expect beautiful results for video. It should be more than enough for the Facebook music player though.