Listening To Music???General

Last Updated:

1. jhern87

jhern87 Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, I know that my G1 has a MP3 player but can the battery honestly last if you listen to music on it?.. I mean I only use my phone for phone calls and text messaging and I can run the battery down to about 20% on the daily..

My question is for the people that actually listen to music on their phone. Doesn't it completely kill your phone when you listen to music?..

Or do you have to carry your charger around everywhere with you to preserve it?.. :confused:

P.S.

What's the word on these new batteries from T-Mobile?

Advertisement
  2. solider

solider Active Member

I listen to music for maybe 3 hours on average a day and the battery seems fine. I guess it really depends on how much you use your phone.

I always carry my USB cable and plug it in my computer at work though. Plus I've got a car charger so no real worries about running out of battery :D

3. jhern87

Oh Ok.. for sure...

I was just wondering like for when I travel.. On airplanes ect. ect. But Carrying around the USB cable doesnt sound like a bad idea. Thanks for the response!

4. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

That was a rumor, hasn't been confirmed.
    Considering that people have reported improved battery life after updating to 1.5 -- the point may be moot.

5. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

You will get a different answer on batteries from different folks, but in my calls to customer care, they were pretty clear multiple times, no battery upgrades, but if I was having a bad battery issue they would replace the battery.

As for music, I love imeem which does require a charge, since it is downloading music. Playing music locally off the sd card is actually a very low resource activity. I get hours of play with little impact on battery assuming you aren't checking the phone.

Turn on your music, turn the screen off and enjoy, you will get enough for a plane ride, unless that plane is going 10+ hours. I figure you guessed that already.

6. jhern87

Sweet, thanks for the tips dude..

7. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Probably known to the readers of this thread, but just so I was clearer....Imeem is free, it requires a healthy battery charge.