• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps ListView Bug in Emulator?

safibaba

May 3, 2010
When I populate a ListView in the emulator, it seems fine until it reaches enough items to require scrolling. After that, it starts to repeat items and place them in any old order instead of in the order they appear in the ArrayAdapter.

Just wondering if anyone has come across this - if I use the Log to check the contents of the ArrayAdapter, the data is as expected, but in the ListView items are getting repeated. Is it me or the emulator?

I don't know if I can really explain. It was my first ListView and I didn't really know what I was doing. All I remember now is that I screwed it up, it was failing in a very strange way, and it took me forever to fix it.

If you post some code - specifically the getView() function in your adapter - I could take a look and see if there's something obviously wrong with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones