Little green androids on Hero...is this HTC's doing?

Last Updated:

1. booklady

booklady Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Just wondering something and this is probably a dumb question, but it's Monday so I'll ask :)

I've had both the Hero and Moment (Hero now) and the Hero has more android dudes than the Moment - examples: when phone rings, a green android pops up instead of a red head profile and the Hero used to have the little waving guy on startup but 2.1 ruined that :(

Now I LOVE the android dudes, but I'm wondering...is this because of HTC's software or are some Android phones just equipped with this and others aren't?

See, I told you it was a dumb question but thanks to anyone who can answer it anyway :)

Advertisement
  2. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

I'm am using an AOSP rom without all the HTC bells and whistles, and I see the little guy way more frequently than I did with the HTC skin.

3. booklady

Good to know...thanks!

4. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

If anything, HTC will put more HTC branding in there than actual Android stuff, oh how I missed that boot screen...

5. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

I like my dancing Android boot screen on Fresh 2.3.3

Also, I like the Android showing up instead of a boring shadow pic when people call that don't have pictures in my phone. Hmph.

6. booklady

I miss the little dancing guy too :( And I, too, love seeing the Android guy show up instead of the shadow :)

7. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where's the link to reinstall the file that has the little android guy that says hi to you every time you restart your phone?