• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Little help, sorry if My post is in wrong area

Iamhopeless

Lurker
Dec 14, 2012
Hello all, I'm fairly new (well 2nd post here as I just signed up like 1 minute ago, so plz bare with me if this post is in the wrong area:eek:)..

I'm having alot of issues here with this phone..The worst part about the ordeal is it's not even my damn phone but my wife's (and I'm the one with the migraine here)...So today she got this "Android Phone" as a present from her sister..The problem with the phone is it got no service at all...So the wife decides the solution here is to buy a "SIM card", she calls acouple of stores and they all tell her the same thing "We can unlock your phone"...Since I don't believe people at all at first, I told her let them unlock your phone first and than pay them (Makes sense correct)? Well since I don't know anything about phone unlocking, nor how to even go about it, she doesn't listen to me and goes about her business, (all would be fine, except she came back to the house and is upset with me not going to the store to "Learn the process before she paid for the damn SIM card"...Now the damn SIM card ain't even expensive nor is it about the price period but the fact that she feels as if she's been ripped..She is stating "Do something", I don't know exactly the "what to actually do"..

3 problems I'm having here

A) I don't even know what type of phone this phone is besides "ANDROID PHONE", which type, I can't say..

B) The damn thing has 2 SIM cards (Never even seen that tbh)

C) The ppl at the store kept saying your phone is from China...Turns out that the phone went on quite the journey, apparently from China to America to Canada in the hands of my wife's sister to now my wife..

Any help would be appreicated to figure out this issue as soon as possible in order to get this damn phone either working or just so I can have something to tell her

Welcome to the forum, I've moved the thread to an area where hopefully someone else can also help provide guidance.

The first thing you would need to know is the type of phone. Without knowing that I don't know of a way to know what bands it operates on. Just because a phone is unlocked doesn't necessarily mean it has the hardware required to operate on any US carrier's frequency.

If there are any brand names or serial numbers (under the battery maybe) I would start with those and some google searches to try and figure out what type of device it is.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Well thanks for the replies both so far, and it was thx to the "take off battery" and hope that yields some sort of hope, that actually, finally yielded me finding her phone online:D...

I really am clueless when it comes to this stuff

This is the type of phone she got

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0
ok so your on gingerbread. right above that should be your model number. or does that say a2000?

Model Number is not A2000 at all..

That is e1011_jbl1_601 2012/6/18 6:18:31

Once again I have no clue if these numbers mean anything but that's what I'm seeing

The A2000 was when I removed the battery pack from back of the phone A2000 really stuck out (I really have no other way to describe it to, thing hits you hard to miss)...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones