Little issue with Tazz 1.0

Last Updated:

1. Jazza09

Jazza09 Member This Topic's Starter

So i've heard a lot about it, so i decided to flash it and it wont let me press the android after it's been loaded. The android will flash white on screen, but wont let me proceed with setting up the phone. I wiped and flashed again, and it's doing the same thing. Anyone know the cause of this?

So to get me through today i re-flashed Froyo v30 and its running slow as hell, the browser moves incredibly slow and the menus are laggy too...i've flashed it before and had a great experience so i was just wondering if anybody knew what was going on

Advertisement
  2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

try skipping the setup.
    use the four corners trick
    first press the top left corner, then top right, then bottom right, then bottom left
    it will skip all the BS and cut straight to the homescreen. you will just have to sign into your google account manually

3. Jazza09

Jazza09 Member This Topic's Starter

Didn't work, oh well...back to froyov30 i go

4. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

you did it wrong then. it works on any rom and any phone.

also try picking change language and then backing out and pressing the android again. im pretty familiar with this issue, it was one i kept running into on WW back in the beginning

5. jaboda79

jaboda79 Well-Known Member

Did you flash the Gapps? Had that same problem when I first flashed Tazz. If you don't flash the Google Apps, you can't get past that screen. Just recover, dl the gapps.zip (it's down under the Tazz V7 description at XDA). Then nand backup, wipe/wipe, flash ROM, flash 'gapps-FRF91-desirec-signed2', reboot... And voila!

6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but this should be noted for all - you really need to read the developer's instructions closely before you flash. From the xda-developer's thread for this ROM:

If you flashed from a complete wipe, the first install is slow if you have ever had a Cyanogen ROM before. Cyanogen ROMs can back up your settings and market links online, and on first flash will redo your settings and start installing all of your apps as the phone first syncs. If you have a lot of apps, it can take a long time, and, of course, will slow everything else down as it works.

7. jaboda79

jaboda79 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I about threw my phone against the wall when that happened. At least I was able to restore and move the Google Apps zip to the root of the sd where it was supposed to be.
    And yes, the reflash of Cyanogen is a bit of a slow process, but worth it in my mind. I love me some Tazz 1.0...