• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Little off topic..

azgunz

May 22, 2010
AZ
Anonimac Edit: Please read with an open mind and look beyond tone...

Could you guys actually give an unbiased opinion on this site?
EVERY single thread, every one of them, if someone says something that is not in favor of the droid, someone (if not the majority) says quit trolling or how you can add this or that and its all better than the rest of the world.

Before you call APPLE FANBOY on me, I will assure you I am not. I have had my fair share of problems with them just as I have with various products.

This is not trolling but a suggestion. Im suggesting you guys quit this BS and face the truth of their just might be a better phone out there than the droid.
Shocking, I know. Start giving facts.

I stumbled across this site after Googling a couple of questions and I'll tell you, this is not a helpful site what-so-ever.

Dont report me either which I'll bet a lot do anyways cause its not what they like to hear. Just think about it ok? Please just while you read the other threads, think about this.

I know there are a few this doesn't apply to and I thank you. I really do appreciate it.
-A fellow member, trying to make the site better.

Could you guys actually give an unbiased opinion on this site?
EVERY single thread, every one of them, if someone says something that is not in favor of the droid, someone (if not the majority) says quit trolling or how you can add this or that and its all better than the rest of the world.

Before you call APPLE FANBOY on me, I will assure you I am not. I have had my fair share of problems with them just as I have with various products.

This is not trolling but a suggestion. Im suggesting you guys quit this BS and face the truth of their just might be a better phone out there than the droid.
Shocking, I know. Start giving facts.

I stumbled across this site after Googling a couple of questions and I'll tell you, this is not a helpful site what-so-ever.

Dont report me either which I'll bet a lot do anyways cause its not what they like to hear. Just think about it ok? Please just while you read the other threads, think about this.

I know there are a few this doesn't apply to and I thank you. I really do appreciate it.
-A fellow member, trying to make the site better.
That statement right there is the kind of statement that incites hostile replies. You generalized the entire site with that statement and I have to disagree.

Upvote 0
Look. This is an ANDROID forum. If you go to any Apple forum, you will find the EXACT same biased opinions on Apple products that you find here. There is a reason people here, myself included, bought an Android phone, specifically an Incredible. It's because we consider them superior to other phones.

Is Android perfect? No, it's not. But in a lot of ways it's better than other phone operating systems.

I suggest if you can't handle reading posts that are biased towards Android, you shouldn't come to an ANDROID forum.

Upvote 0
Look. This is an ANDROID forum. If you go to any Apple forum, you will find the EXACT same biased opinions on Apple products that you find here. There is a reason people here, myself included, bought an Android phone, specifically an Incredible. It's because we consider them superior to other phones.

Is Android perfect? No, it's not. But in a lot of ways it's better than other phone operating systems.

I suggest if you can't handle reading posts that are biased towards Android, you shouldn't come to an ANDROID forum.

I got to forums where people share their honest opinions and ask questions and seek answers. bimmerfest.com, other car forums, gun forums, nikon forums, etc. I can stand reading posts that are biased but not when it is almost every post and when someone says something off, they get reported.

Upvote 0
Somewhere in that mess are very likely extremely good points but i fear people will lose the forest for the trees given how polarizing the tone of the post is.

Best of luck with the thread, i think it's a topic very worth exploring (tendency of masses to reject criticism of something shared by the micro-community), but i have a feeling it won't go far given the accusatory tone of how it started...there are better ways to provoke thought.

Nevertheless, best of luck with the discussion! Cheers.

Anonimac edit: Added a brief Mod comment to OP to give this post a fighting chance...

Upvote 0
Haha, what was is the point of this thread? Someone who is admittedly brand new to the site is here to scold the members of its forum? Impressively immature.

I love it.

the point to try to help you guy see how this is not helpful to someone seeking information on the phone or other phones alike.

Im just stating what I have observed. Not scolding anyone individually

Upvote 0
I think the OP can be answered by realizing the type of site this is. This is an android forum, so of course there are going to be people here biased towards the use of an android device over any other device. Sure, there are threads with people calling others trolls, but most times it is "deserved" because of the way that some people approach situations. Walking into an android forum and chanting "android blows iphone kicks ass" is as stupid as walking into a Foreign forum chanting "usa pwns" ... its unnecessary, subject to personal opinion, and completely off topic. If people dont want to be "Flamed" maybe threads with opposing opinions should start with "A reason why I like phone xyz is" and not like the many threads we see with people saying "omg this phone sucks, etc etc"...

People need to realize we are all part of the same group of technology addicts and we will always search for the latest and greatest....just dont step over me and tell me my crap sucks

Upvote 0
This thread should at least be moved to the Lounge and not in the Incredible forum. This thread is talking about the entire board in general.

I would agree with this as I am all for the right to voice an opinion. That said, the original post while possibly having good intentions was written in an inflammatory manner. Every forum has its blemishes but there are some knowledgeable, friendly and helpful people here and to make blanket statements about the entire community is immature.

I want to give the OP the benefit of the doubt but I'm having a hard time doing so! Anyone who's been here more than 10 minutes knows where this will wind up.

Upvote 0
This is not trolling but a suggestion. Im suggesting you guys quit this BS and face the truth of their just might be a better phone out there than the droid.[/I]

First of all are you speaking of the moto droid? Are you speaking of Android in particular, which would include, Incredible, Evo, etc.?

Are you trying to say that you think the Iphone is a better phone?

Essentially everyone has different tastes, needs, etc., so why are you telling us to quit the BS, when we genuinely prefer our Android phones to the other offerings out there?

Let's plug in your statement to my particular taste in women, you would be saying, "Look man, quit the BS about how much you love your wife and think she's the best woman for you in the world, you know there's better women out there, face the truth".

Doesn't make much sense....right?

So it's very simple if you prefer this or that platform over another, go to those forums and enjoy....one phone just doesn't fit everyones needs, just like one car company, one phone provider, one whatever, etc., etc.....doesn't appeal to all, it's ok, and what makes us unique individuals.....peace.....

Upvote 0
This is not trolling but a suggestion. Im suggesting you guys quit this BS and face the truth of their just might be a better phone out there than the droid.[/I]

First of all are you speaking of the moto droid? Are you speaking of Android in particular, which would include, Incredible, Evo, etc.?

Are you trying to say that you think the Iphone is a better phone?

Essentially everyone has different tastes, needs, etc., so why are you telling us to quit the BS, when we genuinely prefer our Android phones to the other offerings out there?

Let's plug in your statement to my particular taste in women, you would be saying, "Look man, quit the BS about how much you love your wife and think she's the best woman for you in the world, you know there's better women out there, face the truth".

Doesn't make much sense....right?

So it's very simple if you prefer this or that platform over another, go to those forums and enjoy....one phone just doesn't fit everyones needs, just like one car company, one phone provider, one whatever, etc., etc.....doesn't appeal to all, it's ok, and what makes us unique individuals.....peace.....

this was in the Droid Incredible section before it was moved. I have not ventured out on this site, which is why i posted it in the droid incredible section. I dont know if the entire site is this way.

Its not that i prefer a phone over another or that someone else does. Its that no one accepts that there could be a better phone and when someone says they think so they get flamed.

Upvote 0
Its not that i prefer a phone over another or that someone else does. Its that no one accepts that there could be a better phone and when someone says they think so they get flamed.

Oh, I think most here fully except that there could be a better phone for someone else. I'd assume however, that the majority of people here prefer Android devices (hence why they own them) and that's what they're here primarily to discuss.

To put it simply - I own and like an Android phone and chose it over other options. I'm an active member of a site called Androidforums, from which I've learned from, and been helped by many, on issues related to the Android platform. I'm not here to learn all the latest and greatest iPhone news. I'm pretty sure there are other sites around if that's what I wanted.

No hate here - Just not my cup of tea.

Upvote 0
Go to an iPhone forum and tell them how much better the EVO is than thier phones. You'll likely get flamed off the board.

Is the iPhone better than my phone? No. Is it better for some people? Probably.

Every forum I visit is mostly biased towards the brand or subject it covers. Get used to it, this is the internetz!

This place has helped me out a lot on things related to Android. It never occurred to me to ask questions regarding any Apple products I may have considered buying, I would have asked those questions on the proper forum.

Upvote 0
At first I resented what the OP said because I click in to www.androidforums.com to read helpful postings and learn, and also to offer help as much as I have the ability to.

But then it became apparent that this person has not looked around the forums much if he or she has not noticed that helpfulness and guidance absolutely rule here, the wealth of info is astounding for one forum cluster just in stickies alone.

So... :rolleyes: nothing much else to say, except a belated, "welcome" along with the hope that the beginner of this thread will take his or her time to look around this vast place.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones