Little Old Lady with an Android

1. jopete32

jopete32 New Member

Hi! I'm an almost 80-year-old woman who totally loves my computer and am trying to learn my android phone. I started using computers in 1980 and am pretty savvy but no expert, probably because things change so much so fast. I am particularly uncertain with my android. I have the user manual but am unable to find any answers in it to my questions. I can't find out how to set up a ringtone, figure out how to turn video on and off, and now I can't find any instructions on what to do when the calling icon is red and indicates that it's unusable. I have made calls in the past but suddenly it's dead! So I'm hoping to gain knowledge from all of you and maybe someday I will be able to help someone else.:confused: I don't know, for instance, what a tag is.

Advertisement
  2. jopete32

jopete32 New Member

My Samsung Captivate android shows a red phone icon with "x" beside it on the upper left of the screen, and I can't use the phone. How do I get my phone back?
  3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Hi,

I want to warmly welcome you. Please feel free to PM me any help you need getting around the place.

Warmly,
    Steven (not a whole lot younger than you) :)
    jopete32 likes this.
  4. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Hello and welcome to our humble Android Forums. :D

It's great that you've joined our community and we'll help and answer any questions you have. We hope you find this place very informative. You can also find your devices forum Here and get helpful tips and info.
    Enjoy the forums. :D
    jopete32 likes this.
  5. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

jopete32 likes this.
  6. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Glad to have ya! &#12484;
    jopete32 likes this.
  7. jeffronc

jeffronc New Member

jopete32,
    I am new also. Usually these guys want to know what model phone you have and what operating system you use on it. Then you will start getting some real answers (I hope!)
    Good Luck!

Welcome! (even though I am so new here no one has welcomed me yet!)

Jeff in NC
    jopete32 likes this.
  8. jopete32

jopete32 New Member

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful welcome. And to jeffronc, from one newbie to another, WELCOME.

I have written my problem but no answer yet. Again, my Samsung Captivate phone is cut off for some reason. The phone icon in the upper left corner of the screen is red and also has a red "x" beside it. When people call, the phone rings but I cannot read the message or answer. Not much use to me. Can someone help me on this?:confused: