little tip if you want your phone to stay on and at full brightness when plugged in.Tips

Last Updated:

1. evilotto

evilotto Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok, this is not a perfect solution but it does give a work around to the fact that, even though you can set the phone to not have the screen shut off when plugged in, you still have the problem of it dimming to lowest setting.

Anyway, what I did to fix this was to download a program on the app store called keep screen. it gives you the option to make it so that the screen doesn't time out or dim for certain apps. What I did was just go in and select all apps and tell it to not dim on any of them. then on the front page of this app there is a button to "start/stop service" I use this button like a toggle. if my phone is plugged in I toggle that button and toggle it off when I unplug.

It is not a perfect solution and requires manually doing the toggling but it's the best solution i have found to keep the screen and brightness up when my phone is plugged in.

Anyway, just thought I would share in case anyone else was looking for a solution for this. also, if anyone has founf a better way of doing this i would love to hear it.

Advertisement
    Sisaacs likes this.
  2. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

This should have been posted in the Tips and Tricks Forum

3. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

Also there is a setting in there to never dim:D

4. evilotto

evilotto Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

where is this setting? I couldn't find it. I have the screen timeout setting that will go up to 30 minutes but it still dims the screen (just doesn't lock the screen)