Live From CES - LG Press Conference at 11am ET (should be showing new Sprint device)

Last Updated:

1. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

CES 2010 Live Video Streams - CNET TV

Don't hold me to it but the rumors are going around of one or two things... LS680 which has shown up in Sprint's system as an Android phone. Could be that the new "Prada" phone with capacitive screen and slider are gonna be Android. Also, they are meeting with Ballmer so there may be something about a new WM phone. The fact that Hesse and Ballmer are showing up tells me that the LG event will at least feature Sprint and Windows Mobile. The details about the LS680 being Android might also mean we get to see a new Android phone for Sprint. Either way it might be better than just HDTVs and stuff.

Advertisement
  2. neodorian

OK...that was disappointing. Just built-in web widgets for HDTVs. Looks like later tonight are the Sprint and Microsoft keynotes back to back. I would almost hazard a guess that they will announce the first Windows Mobile 7 devices coming up this year but more likely they will be introducing a WiMax phone.

3. rldev

rldev Well-Known Member

ATT will have more Android phones then Sprint in 2 months.

4. neodorian

That was just sad last night. All that time wasted to show off a 4G modem. I already have 4G in my town via Sprint's Xohm (now Clear) service and it costs less than buying it through sprint at $60/month.

I was really hoping for some handset announcements but it was just filler material. I lose this round of predictions :)

5. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

I till think sprint has something up their sleeve

6. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

not if you want to handshake off to 3g when you're not in 4g range. At least that's how it is up here in Philly. 4g only is dirt cheap and a nice alternative for a fixed location, but if you want to roam where you might not have 4g coverage then you're paying the same as you would on Sprint. At least in Philly.