1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Live outside of U.S, how can I use the Amazon Appstore?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member

Live outside of U.S, how can I use the Amazon Appstore?

Advertisement
    :
  2. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

3. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member

4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this discussion should be allowed to continue. Trying to circumvent geographical constraint might very well be illegal.
    KENNECTED likes this.
  5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

6. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

Now we are touching a grey area.
    However, as long as the usage of anonymous proxies is legal, I think we can continue discussing the matter.

Hint: There is post on XDA forums on how to bypass Amazon check by simply using a tor client on Android phone (Orbot).

Edit: beaten by Yeahha... :D
  7. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

I dont think you have to use tor according to the discussion over there. I personally would not try if I lived outside of the US unless I actually had a US address and credit card already. Devs want to make money if the Amazon store remains US exclusive then the devs will go back to the Android Market to reach more users.
  8. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

The Amazon store becomes interesting if there is "hot" exclusive content, or if the prices are lower than in Market. For example, if Amazon presents an app free for one day, while it remains a paid app in Market, then there is an interest to access it.

I leave outside US, but so far it has not picked enough interest in me to want to access it.
  9. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Regardless of whether the intention is purely to obtain the daily "free offer" or not, if it involves providing false billing details to Amazon then discussion of it isn't appropriate here due to possible legal issues.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.