Live Radio?

1. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine with a Samsung Omnia showed me a way on his phone last night to search for live audio. He quickly did a search on Chicago Bears and found 3 stations during the Monday Night Football game where we could listen to live audio. I wonder if the G1 could do some sort of streaming audio via a radio station.

Anyone know how that might work?

Advertisement
    :
  2. dkaufman1

BTW I found out, his player was Kinoma which doesn't have an Android vers. yet.
    Charles@Kinoma likes this.
  3. Novocain

Novocain Member

You can try using StreamFurious from the Android Market. I use it to play streaming audio links from local radio stations' websites.
  4. dkaufman1

Novocain! Nicely done. Really, I am listening to ESPN 800 out of San Diego right now!

This is not as easy to use as Kinoma was....specifically....to find a station I had to click "Search Shoutcast" and it brings up a non-mobile friendly page. I didn't really know what to do after I searched their directory.

Needs a bit more instruction. But as a basic find, very nice!
    Charles@Kinoma likes this.
  5. Novocain

Novocain Member

Awesome. Glad it worked out.

I had a hard time with the whole 'Search Shoutcast' part too. I ended up just going to the radio station's website and clicked on their link and somehow that worked too.
  6. dkaufman1

Could you add them StreamFurious then? This was where I was a little confused.
  7. Novocain

Novocain Member

The links stayed in my stored list of 'channels.' So I guess they were automatically added/saved/stored?

EDIT: ooops, did a 'Refresh Channels' and the radio stations I added were gone. So yeah, don't do that :)
  8. dkaufman1

I haven't even gotten them working in the first place...looks like we both should email the developer and just ask.
  9. Tinyaznboi

Tinyaznboi Member

is this for internet radio? cause im looking for a AM/FM radio. (preferably FM)
  10. StarLog

StarLog Well-Known Member

This app does not really save the stations yet, I wish it would cause it is a good app.
  11. dkaufman1

It does do both am/fm radio and as most stations have a streaming link, like Starlog says it doesn't save yet.

It seems like a great start though.
  12. derkk

derkk Active Member

All the stations I use have been saved in the list. It has some quirkyness to it. Make sure you have the latest version. Might not be a bad idea to uninstall/reinstall either. I had to do this to get it working correctly a few weeks ago.
  13. dkaufman1

Thanks for the hints.
  14. trinitys_mate

trinitys_mate Member

Thanks for the recomendation mate. I love listening to DI FM on my pc and this app has the station has a preset, the DI FM site let's u pick and stream from all the genre's of dance music which this app doesn't do but I still love it. Thanks again.
  15. dkaufman1

I tried this, but maybe I am doing something wrong. Would you mind outlining step by step how you add a new station? Thanks in advance.