• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Live Scores, and Sports Tap

I get pretty good updates from SportsTap for baseball, NCAA football, and NFL scores. There are times the updates can be as much as an hour behind and once or twice I have not been able to connect. Within an hour or two I'm back on tap. I have used Live Scores as a backup on the few occassions I could not get to SportsTap. Both have worked fine for me (Froyo with both updates).

Upvote 0
I was at the Michigan State vs Wisconsin game on Saturday. Several of us were also tracking Michigan vs Indiana (of course!). I was using Sports Tap. The iPhone dude behind me was getting much more active updates on the Michigan game. I was just siting in the game summary and hitting refresh, but nothing was updating. Michigan had won the game, and Sports Tap was convinced the game was still tied with 2:53 remaining. Made me hate Sports Tap...ugh.

Is there nothing that updates scores better?

Upvote 0
Hi guys, I'm the Software Engineer leading Live Scores, I'd love to get suggestions and feedback from you. I admit our alert notifications have been running slow, we're working hard to turn up the volume. The latest Live Scores 1.4.4 includes a lot of performance improvements as well as game picks for pre-games and the ability to set your default start sport.

There is some confusion about how the app picks a sport for startup. There are two different behaviors. If you exit the app by hitting the home button, the app will resume where it left off the next time you open it (unless the android os killed it for other reasons). If you exit the app by using the back button (or kill the app by other means) the app will startup with the sport you selected under Menu->Settings->AppSettings.

Thanks for using Live Scores!

Upvote 0
Used Live Score this weekend for UM-MSU.

Using the app, I was able to get a pretty current score update by refreshing.

The notification feature did not work well at all though. 24 hours after the game was complete it was still mid-way through the 4th quarter. I finally CLEARED to get rid of it after hoping it would kick in and at least report the final score (I just wanted to see it again...hehehehe).

Upvote 0
Google Scoreboard quit working for over a week..Live Scores has been the best and most solid of the 3...minus the lack of widget

Have not experienced Scoreboard quiting for a week on my D2. No widget totally defeats the purpose of having a scoreboard for me. If Live Scores adds a widget, I will certainly check it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones