Live Scores, and Sports Tap

Last Updated:

1. Drumminraider204

Drumminraider204 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone had trouble getting in game alerts from Sports Tap and LIve scores? Sports Tap was working but then became unreliable so i added live scores to the list. I have never gotten an update from live scores, and since sports tap hasn't worked either. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. rcaine

rcaine Well-Known Member

I get pretty good updates from SportsTap for baseball, NCAA football, and NFL scores. There are times the updates can be as much as an hour behind and once or twice I have not been able to connect. Within an hour or two I'm back on tap. I have used Live Scores as a backup on the few occassions I could not get to SportsTap. Both have worked fine for me (Froyo with both updates).

3. droiiiiid

droiiiiid Well-Known Member

Yes, I've had major problems with the reliability of Live Scores.

4. mswhite60

mswhite60 Well-Known Member

I was at the Michigan State vs Wisconsin game on Saturday. Several of us were also tracking Michigan vs Indiana (of course!). I was using Sports Tap. The iPhone dude behind me was getting much more active updates on the Michigan game. I was just siting in the game summary and hitting refresh, but nothing was updating. Michigan had won the game, and Sports Tap was convinced the game was still tied with 2:53 remaining. Made me hate Sports Tap...ugh.

Is there nothing that updates scores better?

5. rcaine

rcaine Well-Known Member

Sports Tap was disappointing this weekend as I tried to follow the progress of my Atlanta Braves (and manager Bobby Cox) into the playoffs. I watched football on the TV and tried to track the game on the phone. It stayed about an inning behind despite fast wifi connection.

6. Drumminraider204

I delete sports tap and use only live scores now and have been very please will all the updates i am getting...keeps me more than up to date

7. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

I didn't know Live Scores finally included alerts, I'll have to give it another try. Sports Tap has always been random for me. Sometimes it can be delayed a bit and other times I'll get4 or 5 notifications when all I have checked is the "start of game" notification.

8. flyer21

flyer21 New Member

Am I missing something though? I cannot seem to make Live Score a widget like I had with Sports Tap. If I have to open the app every time and then navigate from there I lose what I liked about Sports Tap...a quick flippable view of my teams.
    Any help? Thanks...

9. nuttsp

nuttsp Member

I have had problems with both Sports tap and Live score. I have used scorecenter (ESPN) with better results. Sports tap used to work so good but as of late it stinks.

10. aarontharris

aarontharris Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I'm the Software Engineer leading Live Scores, I'd love to get suggestions and feedback from you. I admit our alert notifications have been running slow, we're working hard to turn up the volume. The latest Live Scores 1.4.4 includes a lot of performance improvements as well as game picks for pre-games and the ability to set your default start sport.

There is some confusion about how the app picks a sport for startup. There are two different behaviors. If you exit the app by hitting the home button, the app will resume where it left off the next time you open it (unless the android os killed it for other reasons). If you exit the app by using the back button (or kill the app by other means) the app will startup with the sport you selected under Menu->Settings->AppSettings.

Thanks for using Live Scores!

11. Drumminraider204

A section to have all of my favorite teams all on one screen for a quick glance would be great! and a nice widget or two in different sizes

12. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

Scoreboard by Google is great. Very solid, simple widget, and good on updates. Also very easy to add your favorite teams, and notifications for each. If what you are looking for is a simple live scoreboard widget, this is your app.

13. Drumminraider204

Google Scoreboard quit working for over a week..Live Scores has been the best and most solid of the 3...minus the lack of widget

14. mswhite60

mswhite60 Well-Known Member

Used Live Score this weekend for UM-MSU.

Using the app, I was able to get a pretty current score update by refreshing.

The notification feature did not work well at all though. 24 hours after the game was complete it was still mid-way through the 4th quarter. I finally CLEARED to get rid of it after hoping it would kick in and at least report the final score (I just wanted to see it again...hehehehe).

15. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

Have not experienced Scoreboard quiting for a week on my D2. No widget totally defeats the purpose of having a scoreboard for me. If Live Scores adds a widget, I will certainly check it out.

16. omawb

omawb Active Member

I receive alerts from espn.com. Great updates. Here is the link: Mobile Product: ESPN Alerts - ESPN
    In the "ESPN ALERTS" paragraph, click on the "Click Here" button and you can sign up for alerts. It is not a play by play, only scoring and in MLB 3rd, 6th, 9th inning and final scores.
    Football: scoring plays, each quarter and final score.

Hope it's helpful