Live TV app???

1. tknucks

tknucks Member

Anyone know if there is an app out yet for the droid to watch live sports??? I know on the iphone has an app u can log onto a direct tv account and watch the games on the phone...

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forums :)

If your in the UK you can download a free app called "beebplayer" which has the ability to stream live TV
  3. skwerm

skwerm Well-Known Member

another member on here suggested www.vuivision.com. it's not an app, you only get the four major networks, and the pic quality isn't great, but it's an option. i watched some nfl games yesterday while at work.
  4. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member

This was released yesterday for the Android. Its available in the market for free, but you need the subscription to access the content. LIVE NFL STREAMING GAMES & HIGHLIGHTS
  5. MileHighAko

MileHighAko Member

The new DirecTV app is AWESOME. If you're a Super Fan subscriber, you can watch every NFL game LIVE including the Red Zone channel!
  6. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member

I seriously almost crapped my pants when I saw this yesterday. :eek:
  7. tknucks

tknucks Member

great now i just need to find someone email and pass... thanx for the heads up
  8. ejqr5

ejqr5 New Member

Has anyone heard anything new about Slingplayer for Android?
  9. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

I emailed slingplayer and they emailed back that are "working on it". I would suggest as many people as possible email them requesting it so they know there is an interest.
  10. tennapop

tennapop Member

Has anyone heard of an app that will allow you to do this with Verizon FIOS? I know that Verizon owns DirecTV, but I wasn't sure if they created something like that for FIOS as well.
  11. totallygreen

totallygreen Member

It's not really an app, but I use ORB to watch live TV on my Sprint Hero. It works fairly well. I have Verizon Fios...it was a pain to get it all set up and cost me buying cables, tv tuner, IR blaster and stuff to run into the computer but I think it was worth it.

Also orb has internet TV stations and the capability to add custom internet channels...

MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software
  12. n0m0n

n0m0n Well-Known Member

Verizon doesn't own DirecTv
  13. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Yet...Rumors abound about Verizon or ATT buying DTV...For now, that is all they are though...Rumors...

I did the Vuivision trial. The quality was very good over Wifi and pretty damn good over 3G too. But....The limited channel selection + paying $2.99 a month to a company that may or may not have rights to rebroadcast is a bit iffy to me.

I am going to hold out for Slingplayer for Android. I know they are working on it, but I really hope they hurry. The NBA season is in full swing!

@ tennapop - In a round about way, once slinplayer for android comes out, you would be able to buy a slingbox, and watch/control your Fios (and Fios DVR depending on your setup) via PC (can do this currently) or your phone. I can't wait for this solution as I already have a Slingbox Solo...
  14. Drummer65

Drummer65 New Member

Hi everybody ! I'm a young frenchman and i speak a bit english so if there is any mistakes, i'm so sorry :)

with my HTC Desire, there is an application for watching Nascar races in live with my phone ?

Thanks you !
  15. rivercat123

rivercat123 Well-Known Member

channelsurf.eu
  16. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

I want live tv that isn't sports related, any suggestions?
  17. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

Go pick up a new or used Slingbox, then the Slingplayer app. Problem solved. Been doing, and doing it well....for 2 years.
  18. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

I don't have cable, or even a digital converter box to watch local channels with. So I can only watch what I can get on my phone, then I hook my phone to my tv......so any suggestions?
  19. wren20v

wren20v New Member

Have you tried PlayOn? PlayOn is a media server that runs off a Windows PC and streams content to any DLNA-compliant device (Xbox 360, PS3, WDTV, Roku, etc.). It will also stream to Android & iOS mobile devices. There is a free trial, but you will have to pay for the full version.

Natively, it streams locally-stored media, Hulu, Netflix, TV.com, SpikeTV, Comedy Central, and others. There are several plugins or scripts that can be added to expand PlayOn's capabilities. One of the scripts I use is called "TV Channels Live" from http://www.playonscripts.com. This script allows me to watch several live TV feeds that it collects from online sites like Justin.tv.

PlayOn itself runs quite well over 3G. The framerate while using TV Channels script depends a lot on the quality of the source, but there are usually several stream options for the same channel. Hope this helps.
    danaj likes this.
  20. rivercat123

rivercat123 Well-Known Member

ilemi.me and firstrowsports.tv work pretty good. They are mostly all live sports, including all the NFL games.
  21. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

22. JohnMitko

JohnMitko New Member

ok guys, but unfortunatly they have only few channels, so i use Mobile TV Platinum on my ipad and iphone for uk and us channels. The best way is to search more on Your own.

filmon got many less channels.