• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Live Wallpaper Fails after screen shuts off

Oldfield16

Lurker
Jan 26, 2011
I'm trying to figure out a way to lock the memory of my homescreen so that when I set a Live Wallpaper, it doesn't go away upon locking my phone/screen shutting off. Every live wallpaper I've downloaded, I've managed to make work, only until my screen shuts off. Is there anyone who's successfully gotten live wallpapers to stay on a mytouch 3g with 3.5mm jack? Like I said, some work, others just work until the phone is locked.

The reason I think this is at least plausible is that when I reboot my phone WITH a live wallpaper set that otherwise fails upon screen shutoff, it comes up just fine. So I'm thinking there needs to be a way to lock the memory of the homescreen in place so that it doesn't need to try and restart the wallpaper every time the screen shuts off. Any luck from anyone? Just wondering, I've done a lotta looking and come up dry. If not it's cool, I have a few that work upon locking/shutting off the screen.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones