Live Wallpaper in Fresh 2.0d

Last Updated:

1. mroien

mroien Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone have a fix to make the live wallpaper work on this ROM? I go and set the wallpaper and it does not change to the live wallpaper. The other wallpaper work from "wallpapers."

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Not trying to be rude, but it would be nice for people to use "search."

This has been answered time and time again...

To use live wallpapers you MUST not be running Sense. You must use Launcher instead.

To do this do the following:

settings>applications>manage applications>HTC Sense>Clear Defaults

Then exit out and press the Home button. You will now get prompted to choose what you want to complete the action with. Choose Launcher and check use as default. You will then get LWP to work.

Keep in mind, not all LWP are going to work, but some do.

3. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

you can also download home switcher from the market (its free) and switch between the 2... LWP only works with vanilla Android Homes like Launcher.. of course you also have 5 screens in Launcher as opposed to 3 like in 1.5 Android.. 5 is plenty for almost everyone..

since LWP doesn't show in SenseUI, you can set a regular wall paper in Sense and a LWP in Launcher... the use home switcher to bounce between the 2..

mroien likes this.
  4. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

something else i was wondering about.. i noticed with the 2.1 now.. there is 5 pages now on the launcher.. however.. i just dont like that little grid box to get to the apps.. i prefer the old style drag up to get the apps..

is there a setting for that?

5. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the other one yet, but it might be on xda somewhere if someone ported it over.