Live wallpaper keeps diappearing ...?

Last Updated:

1. homeeconomicalengineer

homeeconomicalengineer Active Member This Topic's Starter

when the phone goes to sleep... Any ideas would be appreciated.:eek:

Advertisement
  2. Brainfart

Brainfart Well-Known Member

Are you using SenseUi? I had that problem when using Stock SenseUi 2.1 root and live wallpaper patch. I hear Live wallpapers doesn't play nice with Eris 2.1 & SenseUi. Try another Rom without SenseUi and should be good.

3. Hatchna

Hatchna Active Member

I have had the same problem with my lwp's as well. I've tried a number of different ROM's and I have been able to get it working reliably on two. White Widow works without any trouble, provided to flash the lwp zip to get the necessary files on the phone to support it and everything.

It also works on Cyanogen Eris Lightning Bolt, but originally I had the same issues with the wallpaper disappearing after waking the screen from sleep.

I found a script that I ran on the phone through adb shell, and it corrected the issue, and I now have stable lwp's on my Eris running CELB 2.8. If you're interested I posted my information over on xda in the CELB 2.8 thread.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM]ErisLightningBolt 2.8 CM5.08 build( OC, JIT, Apps2sd, GPS, Stock MMS!!!)6/21/10

Be advised that this will likely only work on Cyanogen mod based ROMS. I have not done any testing with this on a Sense based ROM.