Live wallpaper problemSupport

Last Updated: 2012-11-24 08:52:11
  1. chevy372

chevy372 Active Member

Does anyone know if there's anything special (procedure wise) needed to reinstall the live wallpaper picker? I downloaded package v 2.3.3 and the apk doesn't install. After the failure, titanium backup shows it as orphaned data. I tried copying it into system app, and rebooted, but nothing. Ideas?

Advertisement
  2. pl4life52

pl4life52 Well-Known Member

you have the permissions set right?
  3. chevy372

chevy372 Active Member

The permissions are 777 on the file itself, and the partition is RW. What other permissions would I need to verify?
  4. chevy372

chevy372 Active Member

Just cheeked the directory of /system/app and /system, and both also have 777 and the owner/group as root.
  5. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

You can always use the unbrick guide if all else fails. And just restore back up.
  6. chevy372

chevy372 Active Member

Yeah, I've already done that and re-rooted it 3 times in the 4 days I've had it, so I'd rather not go through all the trouble for live wallpapers. BTW, I found that 2.3.3 is not the version it comes with, we have 1.2.4, and i found a backup of the apk on my SD, but it still fails to install. Nothing I'm missing??
  7. HereticSins

Did you uninstall it?
    If so, I'll uninstall it and try to get it back.

Edit: also do you also have the .odex to go along with it.
  8. chevy372

chevy372 Active Member

Yes, I had uninstalled it, and no I don't have the odex file that goes with it - just the apk.
  9. HereticSins

10. chevy372

chevy372 Active Member

I was actually able to get the Live Wallpapers installed and working just fine (to the best of my knowledge), but the issue I'm having is with the picker application. It doesn't show up as an option, because it won't install. It's the com.android.wallpaper.livepicker package in the LiveWallpapersPicker.apk, not the NativeLiveWallpapersPicker.apk. Titantium Backup was able to get that installed and working just fine from a backup. Also the APK within the /system/apps -- not /system/app -- directory has an installation that worked just fine when I put it in app and rebooted.

Just to be sure, I did just try this odex as well, and it didn't install the picker.

--Edit: Your file was named NativeLiveWallpapersPicker.odex; however, there are 2 different apps. 1 is called NativeLiveWallPapers.apk and the other is LiveWallpapersPicker.apk.
  11. HereticSins

It seems I don't have that live wallpaper picker. And I'm stock.
  12. chevy372

chevy372 Active Member

I am rooted on 4.0.4 using apex launcher from a stock flash yesterday. I followed the steps in the unbrick guide until i found that i couldn't integrate the updates in dalvik to the rom, the hard way.
  13. chevy372

chevy372 Active Member

It's on the forum listing here of what we can freeze or remove without soft bricking.
  14. chevy372

chevy372 Active Member

I got it working, thanks.