• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Live Wallpaper really do make a dent in performance!

1080p

Android Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2009
So... since I have owned a N1, I have NEVER once tried the phone with a non-live wallpaper running. So, just a minute ago I set one of the papers in the Wallpaper Gallery... and....

WOW.

The phone runs silky smooth without a live wallpaper running.

Try it. Compare the animations of loading the app roll (the app button at the bottom). Try it with a live wallpaper and then without it.

WOAH! Big difference!

Live wallpapers... you were a nice extra... but your novelty has faded away. Not using them anymore.

PS... if they are hitting the N1 this hard... I can just imagine running them on a slower phone like the DROID. I might just scratch my eyes out. ;)

holy crap you can put a 2800 in this thing?!

I don't know if "in" is really accurate. More of you can "strap it on" to the back! hehehe.

Personally that seems to defeat the purpose of such a slim and appealing device. I will get the 1600mAh extra battery and have a spare if my usage is so heavy that i need it. It fits stock, that coupled with the cradle (that has 2nd batt slot to charge) should have me set.

I also got rid of the live wallpaper. Pretty, but not worth battery or performance hit. The screen itself is so gorgeous a good photo is all i need. YMMV - and expect I'll revisit as more live wallpapers become available.

Upvote 0
I have my Fireworks live wallpaper kicking and I love it too much to give it up. I make it through the day on my battery, but things will be really great when they come out with the car dock. Take 3 seconds to pop it in any time I get in the car and my battery will probably never fall below 50%. I love the desktop dock as well. Not having to plug things in to the bottom of my phone is nice :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones