Live Wallpaper Reset to Regular Wallpaper After RebootSupport

Last Updated:

1. pchan

pchan New Member This Topic's Starter

It seems like every time I reboot my phone, the live wallpaper is changed back to the last static wallpaper I have used.

Does anyone else have this problems?

Is this normal?

Advertisement
  2. g3on3o

g3on3o Member

I have the same problem.

3. guinnessmike1

guinnessmike1 New Member

I also have the same problem as does my wife who has the same brand new Galaxy S. I am guessing there must be something I need to do to lock the wallpaper, but the only option to lock it only allows you to lock a picture not the live wall paper. T-mobile tech support was suprised and said we both may have defective phones???

4. DrPennington

DrPennington Well-Known Member

Nope, but I also don't reboot my phone often.

5. zost

zost New Member

Some live wallpapers (on my Viewpad 7) do "survive" off-on sequence, some do not. Noboody knows why....

6. sakubh

sakubh Member

My default live wallpapers seem to stay put after rebooting, but the Video Live Wallpaper (lets you play videos saved on your phone/SD card as a live wallpaper - it's quite cool having bugs bunny on in the background!) always changes back to the last static wallpaper I used.

It's easy enough to reset it and I don't reboot my phone that often so it's not that big an issue for me.

7. jdroidt

jdroidt New Member

I believe this has something to do with the live wallpapers stored either on the internal SD card, or an external SD card. Live Wallpapers that I have saved internally will remain after a reset, whereas the ones saved to external will revert back to a stock stagnant wallpaper.

8. 2killu7x

2killu7x New Member

unplug your sd card, then download the specific wallpaper from android market (so that the wallpaper is downloaded and saved into your phone system) then set your wallpaper...voila

the oob likes this.
  9. m8a8n

m8a8n New Member

when i added new applications on my samsung gal y, my wall paper used to have 3 divisions, suddenly it went to 5 divisions, then now 7, how can i remove this divisions? your help is very much appreciated. tnx in advance :D