Live Wallpaper went away when Battery Died?

Last Updated:

1. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First off, I purposely killed my battery. I bought the phone and that night (June 5th) I charged it to 100%. I have since let it dwindle with periodic use and only marginal charging from when I copy files to the SD card via USB.

So it finally dwindled down to 20% today and I decided to kill it. I busted out android-wifi-tether and played YouTube and refreshed web pages from my iPhone on its wifi hotspot, and in no time got it down to 5%. I kept playing with it and finally it died. w00t! Mission accomplished! :)

So I plugged it in and began charging it. I waited about 10 mins and then powered it on. It booted up and immediately I noticed the carbon wallpaper. No more live wallpaper. I set live wallpaper and it works but I wonder why it showed me what looks like a carbon wallpaper (a bunch of gray pixels tiled all over). I wonder if Android disabled live wallpapers in a fleeting attempt to conserve battery. Any ideas????

BTW, I'm still VERY pleased with the battery and in about 45 minutes of USB (not wall) charging and idling it's already up to 20%! That's pretty quick! More info: Another 50 mins another 20% charge. So I think it charges ~20% every ~60 mins it seems. So I guess 10% every 30 mins or so.. Good to know!

Advertisement
  2. pgus13

pgus13 Well-Known Member

Maybe if it is charged on a computer or laptop via the USB cable. Mine charges from 10% to 100% in about 2 1/2 hours thru electrical outlet....

3. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

you may need to SAVE your scene, press menu then scenes, you'll notice your current one is not yet saved... idk if killing the battery loses current memory or what though but it's worth a shot

4. IPvFletch

Good point, not sure if I did that before setting wallpaper or not. Did it again now though just in case.

5. IPvFletch

Ok now this is really whack. I saved my scene like 3 times (was adding other widgets) all the while keeping my live wallpaper on.

I just rebooted and I'm back to the "carbon" wallpaper (as I call it). WTF?!? Everything else in the "scene" is correct. What is going on? If I go to Scenes, it shows "Current (unsaved)" too. :(

6. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

it should always show as current (unsaved) i think but you should now have 3 more options that you previously saved... idk why your wallpaper is resseting... might suck but you might wanna do a factory reset

menu>privacy>factory data reset
    if your interested... it'll wipe everything though

7. IPvFletch

Ok, I think if you select the Scene from Settings > Personalize, it sticks. If you select it from the Home > Menu > Settings, then it doesn't stick. At least I *THINK* this is how it is working.