Live wallpaper

Last Updated:

1. Wolvie66

Wolvie66 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just want to see how many use live wallpaper, and if so how long does your battery last using live wallpapers.
    And also heard that if you use live wallpapers etc for awhile it burns the image on the screen. Is this true?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

I keep it off for better battery life. Never heard of the image burn in, but that would seem contrary to what image burn in is caused by: a static image being shown for a long time. Usually not an issue with modern lcds, etc

3. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

If anything, a live wallpaper would be less prone to burn-in than a static wallpaper. But I've not heard of any DX LCDs having an issue with that. The AMOLED screens on other phones, on the other hand, they do. My friend has a Droid Incredible with the AMOLED, and you can se where the time in the upper right corner burned in on the screen before he started hiding his status bar. Now, if he has the bar hidden and a light background up, you can see it.

4. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I downloaded one off of Market called "Snowfall Charity LifeWallpaper". Very nice one that was only 99 cents. I have been using it for 5 days now and haven't noticed a single change in my battery life. It uses less than my display does. Of course I also have the extended battery and it lasts me a day and a half so....doesn't bother me :p

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I use galaxy live. I am off it for the Christmas season as I'm on a Christmas theme. :D

6. Legato

Legato Well-Known Member

ALL i use are Live Wallpapers, never static ones. Whenever i check my battery usage at most they use 5%. And that is the intensive ones like Mario LWP and Doom LWP. Most others just use 3% or 4%. So really, no they aren't battery killers. I mean you can set some up to be battery killers by making them do more stuff, but if you leave them at the stock initial settings or just raise the bars slightly, it won't be a battery killer at all.

7. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I never used any live wallpapers until I recently found KittehFace Software. I bought several of theirs because they are subtle yet add a bit of style. I haven't noticed any diminished battery life but I haven't really studied it.

8. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

same here,,, don't notice any difference in the battery. same thing being it is christmas season i am running "Christmas live wallpaper" at the moment, it was .99 but has 3 completely different wallpapers that you can change to in the settings, i like the style of the santa one.

9. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I used live wallpapers for awhile then got bored with them. I didn't really notice a change in battery life with the one I was using. It depends on the wallpaper though. If it reacts to the accelerometer or touch then it uses a bit more than the others that are just animated.