Live wallpapers and root 2.1

Last Updated:

1. jebrank

jebrank Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am just wondering if it is possible to put live wall papers without custom rom? I am rooted, I have tried the new fresh and older versions, they slow my phone done, and it freezes all the time. I am on a rooted/stock version on 2.1 and would like to use live wall papers still? Do I have a chance? I don't want to just flash one of the lwp updates from the rom section without asking here.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. jebrank

jebrank Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Any Help?

3. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

Am new to rooting myself, but the only way i found to get live wallpapers as to flash another rom. However, some more knowledgable members on this site will be able to help you eventually :)

4. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

It is probably doable by flashing some LWP update, you should just nandroid and then try it out, worst case scenario, your right back where you started.

5. pinoy724

pinoy724 Well-Known Member

Live wallpapers slows down your cpu, it uses alot of rom in background constantly. Try Fresh 2.3.3 with being overclocked will help.

6. androidrockz

androidrockz New Member

download and lw-patch or livewallpaper zip with any rom, i did it with vampirefo's kernel, and i got live wallpapers, but i went back to stock to get the 2.2 updates on my samsung transform.