• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Live wallpapers on rooted stock 2.1...is it possible?

jschill31

Jun 11, 2010
Midwest
Hello eveyone,

Can someone verify if there is a add-on that can be flashed over the stock sense-UI 2.1? I am of course rooted but want to retain the stock look and feel. I do realize there are roms out there that do this but I have a lot of time invested in tweaking the stock rom and it works excellent for my needs. I just want to rock the Super Mario live wallpaper!

Thanks in advance:cool:

Boba,

I looked these two over last night and they both apear to be by the same dev and similiar. I am kinda torn and for sure not a social networker...I get enough of that during the day! I realize this is my first flash but I am not a noob when it comes to phones. I am wondering if there are any other advanced roms that are stable but fast. My phone is like yours...one of the good ones and has never had any lag. In your opinion what is the best sense rom out there?

Thanks man

Upvote 0
Reactions: jschill31
Upvote 0
[ROM] 07/05/10 | Fresh Rom 2.3.3 | New RUU + 270 rotation + FriendStream + lots more - xda-developers

This would be my suggestion for a ROM that is very close to stock that is solid and easy to use (and set up). I'm pretty sure it has LWP too.

Just remember that a ROM that may run perfectly on my phone may not run smoothly on yours. :)

We're all here to help when you run into questions/problems.

Kelmar, are you running Fresh OC'd? If so, does it stay smooth or run hot? This is my everyday phone but I tend to tweak everything I own.:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones