Live wallpapers on rooted stock 2.1...is it possible?

Last Updated:

1. jschill31

jschill31 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello eveyone,

Can someone verify if there is a add-on that can be flashed over the stock sense-UI 2.1? I am of course rooted but want to retain the stock look and feel. I do realize there are roms out there that do this but I have a lot of time invested in tweaking the stock rom and it works excellent for my needs. I just want to rock the Super Mario live wallpaper!

Thanks in advance:cool:

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Don't think this can be done, just flash a rom like ZenheroFX that is basically stock plus goodies like this. Just an Fyi, LWP don't run well at all on our phones.

3. jschill31

Boba,

Thanks for the reply, do you have any other roms that you recomend? I want to retain root, tethering and live wallpapers but retain a stock look. I am on Sprint if that matters.

Thanks

4. Joehunni

5. jschill31

Boba,

I looked these two over last night and they both apear to be by the same dev and similiar. I am kinda torn and for sure not a social networker...I get enough of that during the day! I realize this is my first flash but I am not a noob when it comes to phones. I am wondering if there are any other advanced roms that are stable but fast. My phone is like yours...one of the good ones and has never had any lag. In your opinion what is the best sense rom out there?

Thanks man

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

jschill31 likes this.
  7. Joehunni

I've found all three of these to be about equal, with only minor visual differences. Basically any rom based on the .6 update should run about the same though I found Fresh to be slightly less responsive overall than Nfinite's roms.

jschill31 likes this.
  8. jschill31

Kelmar, are you running Fresh OC'd? If so, does it stay smooth or run hot? This is my everyday phone but I tend to tweak everything I own.:D

9. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Yes, I'm currently running this version OC'ed. Everything is running fine for me :)

I have an issue where rebooting the phone raises the screen brightness to full, but I can totally live with that.

jschill31 likes this.