Live wallpapers with alt. homes

Last Updated:

1. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been using Home++ now for quite a while. I played around with all of them when I first got the droid and settled down with home++. One of the things I liked was how smooth it is. I wanted to play around with live wallpapers for a bit so I decided to go back and try GDE again. WOW that one is NOT smooth at all when you scroll through all the apps. Is this normal or is it just mine? So now I'm trying DXtop and I think I like this one. I now have 4 different alternate home programs I can choose from. Does this hurt my performance at all. should I get rid of the ones I'm not using, or does it really matter. Also, I downloaded the free trial of DXtop and it does not support the live wallpapers. I'm assuming its because it is the free trial one.

Advertisement
  2. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

DxTop does a beautiful job with live wallpapers and can be made to look very nice-see my thread:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/47148-learning-experience-care-share-yours.html

My uncle has GDE, and the same ROM, OC as I. Even at 1.2G it is laggy and jumpy with the livepapers.

Ahome is also said to work with them, but I cannot confirm this.

The main concern with the livepapers /multiple homes is having too many things running at once. Sometimes when you change from one livepaper another, the first sits in memory, taking up space. A task killer app will take care of this.

This is the same for having multiple homes running at the same time, ESPECIALLY if they have multiple instances of the same widget. It is best to clean all the widgets out of the homes you DONT use, set the one you like as default, then clean up any extra processes with a task killer app.

3. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

As long as I'm they're not runnning at the same time. Also that's not normal for GDE, I've used it with live wallpapers and it runs perfectly. Maybe because I'm overclocked to 1,000mhz.

4. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

That I couldn't tell ya. I love Home++, but it was laggy (OCing improved that issue), and then the FCs came. Started going w/ the Launcher so I could use the live wallpapers, but it just kinda blows. Now on BB 0.4 and currently just using stock Home. You can use the live wallpapers, they're just not interactive. Hopefully, when we get the real 2.1 update, we'll be able to solve this issue. Not just for Pete's BB, but also so Home++ can get up-to-date.