live wallpapers

Last Updated:

1. jcj77d

jcj77d Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have android 2.1 (sprint release, ver 5, not 6) w/ custom recovery image, & im rooted, is there a way to get live wallpapers to work?

if not, whats the best/coolest rom out there that i can get to support this, & i like the way the sprint rom looks, & i need a rom that has a camera, camcorder, etc, basically the only stuff i dont use is nfl, nascar, twitter, flickr, picassa.

i like my music, tv, youtube, sprint navigation, etc, or is there a custom rom that i can use that will allow me to reinstall any stock apps back on my phone, something clean, & supports flash 10.1

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Well, the custom ROM thing is up to you. Some people prefer Rom A and others Rom B and others Rom C.

Best thing you can do is go look at xda (HERE) and see what rom looks the best to YOU and then try it!

I think that you can also get LWP by using one of the replacement home screen apps... but I haven't looked into that at all so someone else would need to confirm this.

3. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

I think you might need a custom ROM, I know that alot of the ROMs I've used come with Live Wallpaper Picker installed, which I think isn't part of the official 2.1 release. Not sure, but it's my best guess

4. jcj77d

jcj77d Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yea, but it would be good if the links at xda wernt broken

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Which links are you looking at over there that are broken?

6. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I'm running the Froyo rom and actually just downloaded the Mario LWP, and it runs great. It is the first one I have run, and it is flawless, FWIW. I am really impressed that the hero runs the wallpaper like it does. Mario runs through the level as fast as you could possibly do it if you were actually playing yourself. It is pretty sweet, and I am going to run it for a while to see what it does to my battery life....

BTW, I am running the ADW launcher, without sense...

7. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

when they get the Wiki running again the links to the listing of ROM's will work. Until then just go to Hero CDMA Android Development - xda-developers and find a ROM you're interested in.. it's the exact same place the links in the Wiki would take you.