• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

live wallpapers

jcj77d

Jan 20, 2010
i have android 2.1 (sprint release, ver 5, not 6) w/ custom recovery image, & im rooted, is there a way to get live wallpapers to work?

if not, whats the best/coolest rom out there that i can get to support this, & i like the way the sprint rom looks, & i need a rom that has a camera, camcorder, etc, basically the only stuff i dont use is nfl, nascar, twitter, flickr, picassa.

i like my music, tv, youtube, sprint navigation, etc, or is there a custom rom that i can use that will allow me to reinstall any stock apps back on my phone, something clean, & supports flash 10.1

thanks

Well, the custom ROM thing is up to you. Some people prefer Rom A and others Rom B and others Rom C.

Best thing you can do is go look at xda (HERE) and see what rom looks the best to YOU and then try it!

I think that you can also get LWP by using one of the replacement home screen apps... but I haven't looked into that at all so someone else would need to confirm this.

Upvote 0
Well, the custom ROM thing is up to you. Some people prefer Rom A and others Rom B and others Rom C.

Best thing you can do is go look at xda (HERE) and see what rom looks the best to YOU and then try it!

I think that you can also get LWP by using one of the replacement home screen apps... but I haven't looked into that at all so someone else would need to confirm this.
yea, but it would be good if the links at xda wernt broken

Upvote 0
I'm running the Froyo rom and actually just downloaded the Mario LWP, and it runs great. It is the first one I have run, and it is flawless, FWIW. I am really impressed that the hero runs the wallpaper like it does. Mario runs through the level as fast as you could possibly do it if you were actually playing yourself. It is pretty sweet, and I am going to run it for a while to see what it does to my battery life....

BTW, I am running the ADW launcher, without sense...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones