1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Live WallpapersSupport

1. stymiest1

stymiest1 New Member

Does anyone know how to make the live wallpapers work with the acclaim?? I downloaded a few, and followed the steps to set them, but the phone does not display a live wallpapers tab..

Advertisement
  2. dcollins23

dcollins23 Active Member

I don't think the Acclaim is capable of having live wallpapers, unfortunately.
  3. MrERainey

MrERainey Member

It's not capable of doing them stock.
  4. rasmith3530

rasmith3530 Well-Known Member

You are quite right MrERainey, out of the box, Samsung did not allow this functionality, even though there is a setting in Sound & display settings for animation, and it is set to allow All animations. Hopefully we'll see that through an update.
    Stoliguy likes this.
  5. steelerfan7p

steelerfan7p Member

Do you think 2.2 would allow this?
  6. 00Locke00

00Locke00 Member

I've tried it with the 2.2 update still no luck. I haven't rooted my device either.
  7. cwill0303

cwill0303 Well-Known Member

If you root, you can use live wallpapers. Ive heard it sucks the battery, and IMO, it wouldnt be worth it.
  8. rasmith3530

rasmith3530 Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the Acclaim lacks the "horsepower" required to effectively use Live Wallpapers. This does not mean that it cannot be done, only that it saps too much from the phone trying. I look at the BogoMIPS of the Acclaim (199.47), compared with that of the HTC Desire (650 something) and Mesmerize (996.00), and that pretty much points to why.