• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Live WallPapers

I finally got 2.1 update from orange this morning at last, omg take took forever.

Anyhow i been playing with my new updated phone and after seeing in many videos other htc hero's running live wallpapers i wanted to install one.
I installed one and then when i click home>settings>wallpaper>i dont see live wallpaper option like it does in the videos.

I checked google and some people say the hero is too weak and does can not run them but i find that hard to belive after seeing videos which people hav got it working at full speed.

I dont want to root my phone because i have a contract for 2 heros, and i dont wish to break it my self(diy) what can i do?.

Also is there any cool new things i can do with my phone to make my friend go "i wish i got one of them instead of a iphone" it seems we can do all the same things lol.

But really this phone has gave me head acks waiting for updates etc from orange.

i would not recommened orange to anyone now.

The official firmware doesn't include live wallpaper support because, you guessed it, the phone isn't powerful enough.

The option is only available when using custom firmware. They run ok (2D ones better than 3D), but then custom ROMs have the benefit of overclocked processors and so on.

Upvote 0
Well, this is what I get for not researching phones before buying one. Just renewed my contract with Alltel. Was going to get a Blackberry, but then the guy mentioned the HTC Hero. The only HTC phone they had in the store. I thought it sounded pretty cool so I bought it. Got home, looked on the market, saw the Super Mario Bros live wallpaper, nostalgia hit in, so I downloaded the thing. Sure enough, can't get it to work. Then I find livewallpapers.org and see it's not supported on the Hero. Then I come here and see the reason. The phone isn't powerful enough?! Stupid things costs $200... $100 after mail-in rebate and retails at around $450 and it's not powerful enough? What a waste. I would take it back and get something more powerful, but unfortunately my store doesn't have any other Android phones.

Upvote 0
Well, this is what I get for not researching phones before buying one. Just renewed my contract with Alltel. Was going to get a Blackberry, but then the guy mentioned the HTC Hero. The only HTC phone they had in the store. I thought it sounded pretty cool so I bought it. Got home, looked on the market, saw the Super Mario Bros live wallpaper, nostalgia hit in, so I downloaded the thing. Sure enough, can't get it to work. Then I find livewallpapers.org and see it's not supported on the Hero. Then I come here and see the reason. The phone isn't powerful enough?! Stupid things costs $200... $100 after mail-in rebate and retails at around $450 and it's not powerful enough? What a waste. I would take it back and get something more powerful, but unfortunately my store doesn't have any other Android phones.

Thats basicly what happened to me, i went to the store asking for a phone that could surf the web install apps and be a iphone rival.
They told be android is the best on the market and i asked for the best one and they said it was htc hero. So i got 2 one for me and 1 for my dad at

Upvote 0

Thats basicly what happened to me, i went to the store asking for a phone that could surf the web install apps and be a iphone rival.
They told be android is the best on the market and i asked for the best one and they said it was htc hero. So i got 2 one for me and 1 for my dad at

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones