• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Live Wallpapers

You can do a search in android market for live wallpapers. You can also use an alternate market called slideme.

My list of favorite wallpapers:

-Live Aquarium (I love this one but huge battery hog)
-Earth Live WallPaper by unixseb (absolutely the coolest, makes the SuperAmoled pop with delight)
-VR Tunnel Lite..by MaxByte Studio LLC (Comes in as my second favorite, running it now!) (Runs a black screen with grid marks, so the black screen is not too shabby on battery!)
-Bubbles Live Wallpaper (Amazing Amazing Amazing, but HUGE HUGE battery hog, HUGE!)
-Leaf Bubbles Live Wallpaper by Livewallpaper Team (same as one above it, but it's leafs, huge battery hog)
-Zoomfield by Kaj Bjurman
-Quads by Kaj Bjurman
-Physx (very cool)!
-Nexus One Live Wallpaper by Andres Schmois

All are free. To apply, download, then go to wallpapers, click live wallpapers, and apply through there. Also many of these wallpapers have settings. For example, the earth one, you can change the earth to a soccer ball, you can change the speed of rotation, background, etc.
Enjoy but beware, they use battery!

Reactions: Puddin422
Upvote 0
My favorites:

City at Night
EarthRot (lets you choose other real/fictional planets/moons as well)
Giraffe Live (Shadows of trees and walking giraffes against a gradient yellowish background)
kWall: Uses the rear facing camera as a live wallpaper. Pretty cool but insane battery hog. Fun to show people though.
Luminescent jungle: Subtle day/night cycle of a rainforest
Thunderstorm
Waves Wallpaper: Water and a sailboat, senses the accelerometer in the phone to move the water and boat around the screen. Cool.
Green (gently swaying leaves in the wind)

Upvote 0
they may have taken it off the market due to copyright or something. If I known how to send it to you but I haven't any idea how. Try googling it, it may be on a web site

I think its because of the recent software update. Many apps are not showing up for us. Hopefully this is fixed soon...

Btw, I'm using celestial bodies live paper

Upvote 0
here is my live wallpaper. its called nexus revamped

snap20100904_234424.png

This one with a black background. OMG so badass.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones