Live Wallpapers

1. .HaVoC.

.HaVoC. Member

I rooted my Prevail a while ago and used Root App Remover to remove a couple of system apps including the live wallpapers (didn't use them much). Well now I've had a change of heart and want to get them back without having to reset to the factory settings. What can I do?

Advertisement
  2. borikua787

borikua787 Active Member

I'm sure there is a file somewhere in this forum where you can download and just look for that specific file and copy and pasting it where you deleted it from. I did that for the googlemaps.apk and got it back that way..
  3. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

here is live wallpaper.apk and livewallpaperpicker.apk

in case you need both. just unzip and place into /system/app
    then reboot.

Attached Files:

4. I have an unrooted prevail. When I recieved the gingerbread update it removed live wallpapers that came preinstalled & gave me the worst live wallpapers ever made in place of them. Is there anywhere I can get these wallpapers back?
  5. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

Moving thread to the rooted section. Question has to do with rooted device. Thx
  6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Looks like we all got our wires a bit crossed here, guys ;) :).

Moving this thread, since it was originally discussing root-related issues is standard operating procedure and we regret any misunderstandings as a result of doing so.

But it looks like bedfordallgood needs a thread in the main, non-rooted area, so I'll working on moving your post into its own thread in the main Prevail area.

Give me a minute to do this.

Thanks and sorry for the mixup.

-SA
    NightAngel79, jwh42000 and cwhatever like this.
  7. Is it my imagination or is the title at the top live wallpapers? I did a google search for preinstalled live wallpapers on the prevail & this thread came up. Even google thinks this thread is about live wallpapers & not rooting! LOL
  8. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

LOL, no, you are right ;) :).

Its just that the original poster / thread creator basically sets the tone for "gist" of the thread and where it might best belong. Although that sometimes does change as the discussion in a thread evolves.

Thanks for understanding.

Also, did you see that I made you your own thread here:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-prevail/544465-lost-live-wallpapers-after-gingerbread-update.html#post4341622

Cheers!
    cwhatever likes this.
  9. Ok my bad im new to android forums. That makes sense the original poster sets the tone. Ok cool thanks.o
  10. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience that may have been caused. I'm just trying to straighten things up and get them organized in our section. ;)

Thank you Scary for starting a new thread for Bedfordallgood. :thumbup:
    cwhatever and scary alien like this.