Liverpool FC Push Scores

Last Updated:

1. stejc

stejc New Member This Topic's Starter

LFC Android App - Beta testers needed...

I'm looking for a couple of people on here to test out a new Android App i've been working on.

Its called Liverpool FC Push Scores. Basically it pushes goal alerts, teamsheets and major LFC news to your phone.

It doesnt work like some apps where it runs in the background checking the server every 10 mins. This app uses Googles Cloud 2 Device Messaging where the alert will be pushed to your phone and then a notification is shown of the alert which then launches the app.

This means that you get alert instantly, don't need a background service running and dont need your internet usage taken up by the app checking for updates every 5 mins.

The alert shows itself in a notification at the top of the screen e.g. "GOAL Liverpool 2 - 0 Man United (Torres)" and you can click on the notification to run the app and show the full text as well as the last 20 alerts recieved.

It requires the following:

Android 2.2 / Froyo
    A google account e.g. gmail email registered to you phone.

You can easily turn on or off alerts and set to receive vibrations and the light flashing if you want.

Download from http://www.lfclive.net/pushscores2.apk

[​IMG]

Next Liverpool game is Sunday at 4pm so no scores until them but I will send out various news alerts in the next few days.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. nofear

nofear Well-Known Member

Nice idea! Any chance of a Man U or England version on 2.1 upwards

3. stejc

2.1 is impossible as Google's Cloud 2 Device Messaging only works on 2.2.

However by the weekend I will have released the new version onto the market called Football Push Scores which at first will include all Premier League teams and will hopefully be expanded on.

4. nofear

nofear Well-Known Member

Shame, as most people are 2.1

5. york310

york310 Member

Downloaded and will only be happy if it shows Liverpool winning tomorrow.cheers

6. cracksquirrel

cracksquirrel Well-Known Member

I downloaded a few days ago for the steaua match, only notification I got was a reminder about the game starting 10 mins before, No team sheet, No scores, Nothing else.

7. stejc

Please download Football Push Scores from the Android market. This version will no longer recieve any alerts.