• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Load images onto new sd card

When I got my galaxy Y there was a 2gig SD card with it. Because I did not know that there were some things on that card I just went and put my SD card in that I had from my previous phone. This had all my photos and tunes on it.
Now I have found out that the new card has things on it with reference to the phone and I want to use that, my question is "can i just copy the photos and other things over to the new card from my old one using my computer".
I would then just put the new card in the new phone and then personelise the contacts and ringtones again.
Thanks for your help.

Hi roal, (again) I took my one gig card out and put it into the computer to copy the photos and music to a folder there. I did notice that the folders were on it that belonged tp the phone, I guess like you said the phone put them there.
My card was only a one gig card but the one with the phone is a two gig card. So I copied the things into that using the computer and that is ok. They work ok but I had to set all my personel ringtones up again.
By the way, do you know of a Flash player that will work on the Galaxy Y. I am trying to watch TV via BBC iplayer but cannot find a player that works.
Thanks for your advice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones