1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Load images onto new sd cardSupport

1. raccoon19

raccoon19 Active Member

When I got my galaxy Y there was a 2gig SD card with it. Because I did not know that there were some things on that card I just went and put my SD card in that I had from my previous phone. This had all my photos and tunes on it.
    Now I have found out that the new card has things on it with reference to the phone and I want to use that, my question is "can i just copy the photos and other things over to the new card from my old one using my computer".
    I would then just put the new card in the new phone and then personelise the contacts and ringtones again.
    Thanks for your help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. raol

raol Active Member

You dont need to move anything from the new SD card which came with the phone. They are created into any SD card you insert. Unless you downloaded any app or other files into the new SD, theres no need to move anything.
    raccoon19 likes this.
  3. raccoon19

raccoon19 Active Member

Hi roal, (again) I took my one gig card out and put it into the computer to copy the photos and music to a folder there. I did notice that the folders were on it that belonged tp the phone, I guess like you said the phone put them there.
    My card was only a one gig card but the one with the phone is a two gig card. So I copied the things into that using the computer and that is ok. They work ok but I had to set all my personel ringtones up again.
    By the way, do you know of a Flash player that will work on the Galaxy Y. I am trying to watch TV via BBC iplayer but cannot find a player that works.
    Thanks for your advice.