Load only when scrolled

1. B8787

B8787 Active Member

Hi all!

I am relatively new to Android, but loving it so far!
    The day has come I want to make my gallery page.
    I want to make a page in my app which shows my images vertical below each other and which only load if you scroll through them, however, I have no clue how to create this. I was wondering if somebody knows of a certain plugin or package which is already out there which is a good one which can get me on track?

PS the scrollbar should go along with the loaded content too.. (not that you can see the total height of the page in the beginning yet, it has to be more like a feed or something..)

Thank you!

Advertisement
    :
  2. kadimi

kadimi Well-Known Member

3. B8787

B8787 Active Member

Thank you. I looked into it, and got some nice examples. I based myself on https://github.com/thest1/LazyList

However, there is something fundamental which is strange for me. You know from the beginning how long the list will be (you get to see the small scrollbar). Is there a way to just load the list when you scroll? So that the list just gets longer and longer. That way the user never knows when the list will stop...

Now only the images are loaded when you scroll, but the app already knows how long the eventual list will be..

Edit: kinda like the android market, that's the best way to described it I guess.