Loaded Rom but I think I hosed my phone

Last Updated:

1. TheSunTheSea

TheSunTheSea Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

Sorry for my noob question but I don't know where else to turn to. Last month I successfully rooted my phone and was running CM 6.0. Everything was working fine but I decided to go back to HTC Sense (don't ask me why...I regret it now). What I did was I got the HTC OTA rooted rom from one of these forums, loaded it on my SD card, then rebooted my phone in Recovery mode and then chose "install zip from SD card". I made the STUPID mistake of not wiping cache before doing this. I think it was the cause of my problems because when I installed the HTC rom, my phone booted up but I'm constantly getting Force Close errors. Seems like my superuser permissions are totally screwed up. I can't use the dialer (so no calls) and any app I try to use crashes most of the time with the Force Close errors. I can't even use ROM Manager to do anything. It crashes as well.

The biggest scare right now is that I can't manually go into Recovery mode by using Power + Volume. When I did that, my phone vibrates three times and nothing happens. At that point I can't even turn my phone on the regular way via the power button. Nothing happens. I have to remove the battery and wait a few seconds before I can turn my phone back on.

Basically I'm stuck with this corrupted ROM. Is there anything I can do at this point to either go back to CM 6.0 or reinstall this HTC Sense Rom? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. biblefreak

biblefreak Well-Known Member

Can you get into debugging mode? If so it seems like you could use adb or even use terminal from your phone to flash amon ra recovery. Once you do that, reboot into your now hopefully working recovery, wipe data, cache and dalvik, flash rom of choice. Remember, it wasn't changing to a sense based rom that messed you up, so don't hate on sense!

3. TheSunTheSea

TheSunTheSea Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have USB debugging mode enabled. However, for some reason when I try to run ADB in my command prompt (using a PC), i get an "error: device not found" error.

Is there any other way I can get back into recovery mode?

4. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Can you go into recovery mode?If so wipe the phone clean,factory/reset,cache,Dalvik-cache and flash the ROM.See what's the outcome and report back.

5. biblefreak

biblefreak Well-Known Member

Maybe it is something weird with the boot loader as opposed to recovery. Do you still have the PC36IMG.zip still on the root of your sd card? Try changing it to PC36IMG.old and then try to reboot. Also, maybe you can try using a task killer and kill everything that is running, try rom manager then and see if you can re flash either clockworkmod or amon ra recovery. Lastly, keep rebooting and trying to manually go into recovery. Before the one click root method was put out for 2.2 you had to toggle airplane mode on and off to take advantage of the exploit. Maybe something similar here will work and you get lucky! You only need to get to recovery once and from there you will be good to go.

6. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

If you have tried everything and still cannot get your bootloader to install, and you keep wasting your time on this, might be easier and quicker to reflash the stock RUU .exe and just re-root again.