loading 2.2 thru rom manager vs. other ways?

Last Updated:

1. northernmoris

northernmoris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As another guy new to all this I am wondering what the safest way to go about updating to Froyo. I have the bootstrap and since there is a file for froyo in rom manager it seems that would be the easiest way? Are the end results the same or do we not know? I updated Froyo last night with the rom manager but made the mistake of checking wipe data & cache.. I ended up with rooted froyo but with a stock phone.. I ended up wiping and used the .sbf and then titanium backup( amazing app) to recover.. Now i'm back to 2.1 rooted.

All in all i'm wondering will it be fine to go that route without make the mistake of wiping or go the root of deleting and moving files?

Thanks..

Advertisement
  2. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

they are both the same the rom manager one is already rooted though

3. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

ROM manager just kind of automates the whole process. It might be better to do it the long way once or twice so you understand the options and what they do when you select them in ROM manager.

4. northernmoris

I updated last night through ROM manager... Went pretty quick and was so easy.. So far I have had no issues with the phone.. Its fast, no lag, no force closes where people are seeing them.. etc.. I don't know why more people don't do it this way.. It took five minutes with the click of a button.. The only thing I needed to do was redwnld busybox and allow alll su permissions.

5. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

did koush release a free version of the updated bootstrap, they may be the reason

6. northernmoris

I don't know, I bought it when it came out... But I haven't checked his site or twitter since.

7. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

yeah some people might not want to buy it