Loading Cyanogen

Last Updated:

1. TheBigCheese

TheBigCheese Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I thought I was almost done with the process of loading a separate Rom onto my MyTouch, but I don't have any kind of way to hook the microSD card to my computer. According to the tutorial I'm following, you must wipe the phone, format the SD card, and then put the SD card in the "provided" micro-SD adapter. It certainly wasn't provided when I bought the phone.

Is there a way around this? Some other tutorial that might do it a different way, or am I truly stuck?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

you could always format the sd card while its in your phone... just mount it and format it while the phone is connected to your pc

3. golfpedaler

golfpedaler Member

4. DThor

DThor Active Member

That tutorial seems ass backwards... I always prep the card first before wiping. My sd came with a usb adaptor(not the phone, though), but it's crap and only lasted one use! This is *not* for your phone but I found it a great explanation of the overall process:

XDADeveloperWiki - HTC_Sapphire_Hacking

If it's not too late, try recovering your nandroid backup(your tutorial *did* tell you to back up first,right?), alternatively, you can purchase sd usb adaptors.

DT

P.S. Oops, I meant the original tutorial you followed that got you in trouble, not the manual partitioning article, which is pretty good. ;)