Loading E books in Zenithink zt 180Support

Last Updated:

1. dethuiskoker

dethuiskoker New Member This Topic's Starter

Dear all,

i have just received my zt-180 with Android.
    I have installed the "aldiko" ereader application.

when i connect an usb stick, formatted FAT32, i can access it by the OI filemanager.

I can see all the ebooks with extension .epub however when i try to open them it says "application not found" Neither can i move/copy the files

Is it impossible to import ebooks from an usb stick to the zt-180, or am i missing something?

Any advices much appreciated.

best regards

Dethuiskoker

Advertisement
  2. fandtm666

fandtm666 Active Member

put the files in the import folder created by aldiko on the sdcard

then start aldiko press the slide button at the top of the pad and it will pop up a menu down the bottom and select import.

And a tip if you intend on trying different flash version for the zt i suggest installing
    Titanium.Backup and do a backup of aldiko .

that way when you do a re-flash all you need do is install Titanium.Backup and restore aldiko from there and any books you had will be there straight away instead of importing them all over again

3. dethuiskoker

dethuiskoker New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanx for your answer.
    However now i have the problem that i want to copy the ebooks to the internal SD card of zt-180.
    Unfortunately when i connect the ZT-180 to my computer it doesn't get recognized.

Are there USB drivers so that i can "drag and drop" files from the XP laptop to the zt-180?
    I can't find anything, but perhaps i am looking at the wrong places.

Any help appreciated.

thanx

de thuiskoker

4. mindwave

mindwave Well-Known Member

deth

i think you are encoutering a fairly common issue that has to do (I belive) with the drivers and your PC OS.

I'm sure someone will correct me, look around at Zenithink ZT-180 ipad device ROM development - Page 35 - xda-developers
    and you'll find your solution (could take some time)

Ive never worried about it as I have 611 books on my zt180 and I was always afraid of overfilling my internal, so I bought a 16GB microsd and put them there.

someone who knows better would have to tell us if they would even be seen by aldiko if you put them on your internal ram.

my import folder is on my microsd

j