Loading Pics onto phone. Help!

Last Updated:

1. 5280Man

5280Man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I'm surprised I am having to post this. Mainly due to I am not computer illiterate. However, I'm having difficulty transferring pics from my pc to my Droid X. It either will not show up on the phone when I copy them onto the phone or it crashes my pc. How do you get pics onto the droid? Any good apps for assisting with this? As well as any good apps for viewing and managing pics and albums on the phone? Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
  2. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

3. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Drag and drop....
    Make sure you put them in the DCIM folder.

4. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I never put mine in the DCIM folder. Never. I leave that for the onboard camera.

I have my own folder called "images" and then in that I have 10 folders with different categories.. "racing" "dog" "sunset" "truck", etc. And I just hook my phone via USB to my computer and drag and drop. viola.. easy

Now, sometimes you will not see then instantly. That is one weird thing about the Gallery. It is often not quickly updated. So, I use a widget" called SDMount and as soon as I update the SD card you press that and it unmounts and remounts the SD card so new photos and music show up instantly.