loading widgets on the momentSupport

Last Updated:

1. imblessed68

imblessed68 Member This Topic's Starter

None of the widgets I install on the moment shows up under widgets can someone tell me how to find them. I have installed several and none are showing up

Advertisement
  2. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

I've never had one not show up properly.

3. Rjohnjr

Rjohnjr Active Member

Just because a widget is installed onto the phone does not mean that it will show up on your home screen. You also need to activate it. You do this by finding an open space on one of your home screens and doing a long press on that spot. A menu will pop up allowing to to select from several options, one of which will be "Widgets." Tap on that item and you will get a scrolling list of the widgets that are installed and available on your phone. You can tap on any of the widgets; they will then appear on you home screen -- provided there is sufficient space available on the home screen.

I know this is confusing to newcomers because it is one of those things about Android that is not immediately obvious or intuitive. Hope this helps.

4. imblessed68

Ok I know how to put a widget on my homescreen because I have had the G1 before when I install the widget on the moment its not showing up under the widget category when i try to put it on the homescreen

5. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

If you go to the Market, does it show that you downloaded them? If they show up in your downloads at the Market and you know how to install them, you may want to go to a Sprint store and see if they can help you. Everything I've DL'd shows up in the Market and on my phone, not sure where else they would go.

6. imblessed68

Yes they are showing downloaded in my downloads I have never experienced this before. I had a G1 and had no issues. I only see the widgets that came with the phone. I have widgets I have purchased also but they won't show up after downloading and installing. Does my settings have anything to do with it or my ahome homescreen replacement

7. Rjohnjr

Rjohnjr Active Member

Definitely weird. I can only think of one other thing. If the widget is connected to a specific application, it may be worth going into the application and looking around in its preferences. There may be a preference that has to be turned on in order to make the widget active.

Of course the other standard last resort for ANY problem is to delete and reinstall the app and then reboot the phone. Surprising how many computer and phone problems this can fix.

8. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

What happens if you use the default home and try to install the widget?

9. imblessed68

Thank you it was the ahome homescreen that was affecting the widgets and I purchased that application too

10. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member

I downloaded, installed and paid for a widget that has never worked for me... They ripped meoff... It is called Weather widget from an english company... I am mad at myself for not having followed up on it yet...:mad:

11. imblessed68

Now that I have got the widgets to work on the default homescreen can anyone tell me if they work with any homescreen replacement. They are not working for ahome

12. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member

seems to be working now...grrr

13. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

I'm using GDE and I haven't come across a 3rd party widget that didn't work with it. Maybe if you mentioned the widget(s), other ahome users may have some input.