Loads of duplicate contacts

Last Updated:

1. Spacedementia87

Spacedementia87 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I accidentally imported my sim card contacts into my phone twice. Now while I have hidden the sim card contacts so everything looks ok on the people screen, if i go into a contact and look at what it is linked to there is 3 versions of the contact all on the phone and all just with the number.

Is there an easy way to sort this out?

Or should I just delete all my phone contacts and import from sim again?

Advertisement
  2. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

either delte all and import again

or log into gmail on your pc
    go to contacts
    and from there it should be easier to sort out, than doing so on your phone.

make sure you dont accidently delete sim and phone contacts ^^ lol

3. Spacedementia87

Spacedementia87 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok think What I will do is Sync my contact with google. Sort them all out then resync. Then I will sync with microsoft outlook so I have a "hard" copy so to speak then delete all phone and sim contacts and then sync with outlook and google again. That way I will have the google contacts all merged with the phone contacts. Going to be fun as I'll then have to go through all the contacts and link with facebook contacts!

I usually sync with Outlook 2007 on my desktop but i have the 2010 beta on my laptop and for some reason it doesn't want to sync at all. Says i have no mail program installed. anyway to fix this?