• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Local Carrier Hero 200, Rootable?

Hazmatt86

Lurker
Nov 9, 2011
NC
Hi party people!

I have a friend with a carrier based in NC which uses Verizon's Network. The friend is not too tech savvy and wants me to root his phone so I can flash a new ROM. Just wondering if you guys would have an idea if its rootable. Its using 2.1 update 1, if that means anything. Also could it be done with Revoluntionary? I've experince rooting my Thunderbolt that way.

Also, what kind of ROM support is out there for the Hero?
I'm seeing CM7 pop up quite a bit.

Thanks in advance!

If you need more info, just tell me.

Hi party people!

I have a friend with a carrier based in NC which uses Verizon's Network. The friend is not too tech savvy and wants me to root his phone so I can flash a new ROM. Just wondering if you guys would have an idea if its rootable. Its using 2.1 update 1, if that means anything. Also could it be done with Revoluntionary? I've experince rooting my Thunderbolt that way.

Also, what kind of ROM support is out there for the Hero?
I'm seeing CM7 pop up quite a bit.

Thanks in advance!

If you need more info, just tell me.

His handset should be able to be rooted via Z4Root. You can find that one-click root solution by looking around for it, but I am not going to link it directly here. ;)

I would think that CyanogenMod 7 would work just fine. First, I would definitely do a little research with regards to ROMs for his handset and carrier though. Always do a Nandroid backup before flashing anything new. I hope that this information has helped you a little bit. :)

Reactions: Hazmatt86
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones