Local rooters willing to root?

Last Updated:

1. cortland1998

cortland1998 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been trying since the day root was announced.. I cannot for the life of me get this Incredible to root. Anyone in the Tri-Cities area of WA State that has achieved root? Maybe there's something I'm missing, and someone may be able to get it rooted. If you're out there and wanna take a shot at rooting mine, let me know! I've tried 3 different computers with different OSs. Also, I've used the 2GB PNY card and the stock.. still nothing.

Advertisement
  2. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

lol yeah i'm in Seattle WA, and I cannot for the life of me get this damn phone into adb recovery lol

3. cortland1998

Well if you find someone who does... I'm willing to drive across state. haha

4. macdaddybuff

macdaddybuff Well-Known Member

I was like you tried everything diff pc's diff cards well 2..
    Then I saw a thread on xda mentioning most if not all people that had the adata class 6 16gb chip have no problems rooting.
    I bought one on amazon it was delivered today and with the pushing the card in and out method I was in recovery mode 1st try and replicated 2 or 3 times in a row. I then had root in under 6 or 7 minutes using the rooter tool that is on this website. I know how cmd prompt works and I am good at it. but that lil prog is fast..Highly suggest using it.

5. contagous

Yeah the program is good, and cmd lines are easy, but buying a card online to get it working seems annoying lol, just wish it would work with the 2 cards i've got, i'm gunna keep trying and seeing what people come up with over this week, as i'm busy with work, but if by next week I got nothing, I'll think about find another card to :)

6. noahjk

noahjk Active Member

unrevoked for Incredible

it'll be done by next week. and it'll be easy. watch for updates.

7. contagous

8. Jowe

Jowe Member

Anyone in Utah that has achieved root please let me know. I'll also take my phone to them! lol

9. Drukan

Drukan Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just thought id throw in a word or two from my experience...

I have 3 INCs in my immediate fam. I have about 6-7 cards betwen us. The "magic" card that worked on MINE... did not work on the others. But then a diff one worked on one of the others. So it seems that it isnt a SPECIFIC card... its more of a luck of the draw between phone and card.

My suggestion.... ask around... find all the cards you can get ahold of!! maybe your friends will let you borrow thiers for a night... you only need it to get the glitch... then you can go back to the one u got!!! Thats how i got MY "magic" card... just happened to be the one in my girls phone.

10. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

Whats going on with the Seattle area not getting root? I'm in Kirkland and have tried everything with no luck!

11. doug piston

doug piston Well-Known Member

im in mill creek and have it... but an easier way is in the works and should be in the not so far distant future

12. irishpride

If they don't in the next couple of days and you want to come out to Kirkland and lend a hand it would be much appreciated!

13. bradley975

bradley975 Active Member

I'm in Chelan Wa and can not get my phone rooted. Tried just about every method but no love. Patiently waiting for the "easier" method...

14. DiegoMejia

DiegoMejia Well-Known Member

i live in riverside, ca and will be happy to root anyones phone, free of charge.

15. doug piston

pm me if truly needed and i might make it. i have school, wife and kid..oh and a job

16. noahjk

noahjk Active Member

It really won't take long plus honestly there isn't much to do with root yet I have mine rooted but nothing out yet

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

17. Gh0stShinobi

Gh0stShinobi Active Member

I live in Pendleton, Oregon. Only 70 miles from Tri-Cities, was just up there on Saturday. I actually just got my phone rooted Sunday, found a little trick that's worked well and been pretty reliable to get ADB running in recovery. I've done it probably about twenty times to make sure, and I think I've got a pretty good trick down. Was glad to get that damn CityID off...also installed Mobile Defense as a system app. Not much else yet though.

18. greysight

greysight Well-Known Member

This may be a shot in the dark but......for you guys who cannot get your memory cards to work......have you considered formatting the cards with the phone? (Erase data..etc) then dump your files back on... maybe it will work with the phone then.

19. irishpride

Cmon, you can't just say you have a "pretty good trick" and not tell anyone what it is.

20. doug piston

the psr method worked for me with no loop. i think it was method one.phone off and pull batt, fastboat, then bootloader and waih for the .img to try and load whenthats done wait about 10 sec then plug in usb the go to recovery and adb shell for about 10 sec... if no worky batt pull and try again

irishpride likes this.
  21. cortland1998

Finally got both my phones rooted!

22. Gh0stShinobi

Gh0stShinobi Active Member

It's actually a trick that's posted here in the forums. The one where you boot into fastboot, have your formatted sd card in the phone, ready to push in (But not pushed in fully, so as it's not connected) then you boot into recovery (make sure your speakers are on for this) and when you here Windows give you the disconnected media sound, which should be somewhere on the HTC screen, then as soon as you hear that sound, push in the memory card. I was able to get adb to go into recovery mode reliably with this method.

23. cortland1998

Likewise. Also, I would type in loop and not actually run it yet. I would hit the power button for recovery and start counting one one thousand, two one thousand, etc... at six one thousand I would hit enter to run boot and at 8 one thousand I'd push in my card. It may be different for every computer but that was the timing that worked for me. As soon as I said 8, the computer beeped almost immediately and the timing was perfect.

24. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Well-Known Member

Anyone in GA got root that wants to help?

25. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

..............never mind It's the same trick I've tried for three days now. :-(