Local Walmart and Best Buy have plenty of EVO

Last Updated:

1. Uncle Leo

Uncle Leo Member This Topic's Starter

in stock. I saw it with my own eyes today. I was looking for a EVO for my sister. Both of these places have plenty of them. Radio Shack for some reason did not have any.

Advertisement
  2. iboombastic

iboombastic Well-Known Member

it depends city to city, my local bestbuy go 16 of them yesterday and they sold out before the end of the day.

3. Mongoos150

Mongoos150 Well-Known Member

Don't start threads with sweeping generalizations. Just because your city has a BB / WM store with plenty of EVOs does not mean every city has them.

They are completely sold out across the Los Angeles basin.

GadgetGator likes this.
  4. j bones

j bones Member

You should really specify where you live.

5. Rylando

Rylando Active Member

With all the horror stories regarding BB and RS, could you imagine having to take something back to Wal-Mart for support?

6. CardiffGiant11

CardiffGiant11 Member

First post here, but I'm trying to grab one at Radio Shack as the Best Buy near me doesn't sell Sprint (but they have a dummy phone of the Evo at an HTC display which makes no sense). The radioshack next door MIGHT be getting some in tomorrow and the guy said he would hold one for me. I'm hoping it comes in. I'm using an iPhone 3GS and am really starting to realize how limited it is and how bad AT&T is in my area of late (with the latest software update and some recent local trips). I had Sprint before and never really had a problem so hopefully I'll be able to dump AT&T by this time tomorrow!

7. cee_dub2003

cee_dub2003 New Member

Some Best buys in the San fran bay area have a few available from there online stock check!

8. CardiffGiant11

CardiffGiant11 Member

Radio Shack came through for me! They got a few in this morning and only one wasn't already spoken for so the guy was able to hold it for me. Just got home now and haven't been able to play with it yet but I'm pumped I was able to get it today!

9. basso4735

basso4735 Well-Known Member

Walmart has the most lenient return policies I have ever seen.

10. cee_dub2003

cee_dub2003 New Member

They went quick. didnt make it to get one..darnitt

11. Satellite

Satellite Member

An EVO 4G appearing somewhere in San Antonio....

Good Grief...

12. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

Im lost...

13. docprego

docprego Well-Known Member

Probably means he can't find one to purchase. I read these types of posts frequently and where I live they are usually in stock, it's perplexing.

14. teky

teky Well-Known Member

I wish HTC could scale production up fast enough. With enough inventory, Sprint could have gone into the black on EVO sales alone. I think the demand caught Sprint and HTC off guard. I'd love to find out what really happened. It's clear that nobody expected this.

15. Satellite

Satellite Member

Sorry if that was short but Ive been looking for a month and on waiting list blah blah blah...

16. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Also I read somewhere that it COULD be possible they are holding out on the shipments to have them be shipped with Froyo pre-installed. Could be a possibility.

17. teky

teky Well-Known Member

Yeah, the story seems to change all the time. I've heard that a lot from a lot of sources. I think HTC really doesn't have the manufacturing capacity though. The are rushing to build and open new plants...they are opening a new one this month, I think.

But, look at how many different phones they manufacture. I can't fathom how they could hope to keep up with a sudden 'high-demand' phone unless they really could predict how popular a given model could be...and getting that wrong is a path to bankruptcy.

That said, I doubt they would hold up phones based on factory updates of software...there is a mechanism to do that outside the factory...OTA...and most customers couldn't care less...it doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. What customers and Sprint want are EVOs...lots and lots of EVOs.

18. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

I can bring one or two by San Antonio, but I'm sure someone there has to own one.

19. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Seeing these types of thread makes me glad I pre-ordered mine. I would be so pissed if I can't find the phone that I want for more than a month.

20. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

My local best buy has been sold out since day one pretty much, our Sprint store gets them in about every two days (about 8-10 EVOs) and is sold out by the end of the day. I just went in to look at the phone and asked if they had any thinking they would say no and they had one left.

21. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Just bought one at Best Buy in Houston yesterday. I will admit BB's online stock reporting is useless. You have to call the individual stores and ask. Found a store that got 30 on Sat and I went down there along with a bunch of others. Got one for the wife though and the sales associate was very friendly dispite the madhouse of customers all wanting the EVO.