Locale Gripe

Last Updated:

1. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just need to vent about Locale. I'm really mad that they are forcing a $10 upgrade and the product doesn't even work. Location based situations are broken and every review since their forced update has been negative.

Locale is a great app, but 10 bucks seems WAY steep for something that doesn't even seem to be working properly. I'd pay 2-3 dollars no problem with hopes that they would eventually fix what worked fine in Beta and now is broke, but never 10 bucks.

Anyone know of another app that does what locale does but doesn't cost so much for a broken product?

Advertisement
  2. Lomallin

Lomallin Well-Known Member

I have not noticed any problems with Locale.
    The easiest problem that I had originally was that the location sensor (GPS and such) was very general, it had trouble finding me where I was actually at. Once I widened the location bubble, it has worked smoothly for me ever since.

What problems have you experienced with Locale?
    Also, I have not had any prompts to have to pay for it. Did the new release remove the free version?

3. square

square Well-Known Member

4. Lomallin

Lomallin Well-Known Member

Thanks square, I will have to watch the updates so I do not accidentally kill my version...it is still running for me so far, so crossing my fingers.

5. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

yeah, i used it for free and it was janky, said i was on the freeway near my house most the time, still does! i won't pay for it! not 10 bucks not 5 haha, fix it and we will see!

6. 4424

4424 Member

i use quick profiles, it's free and works as well as locale. it's not location based but since that feature never worked anyway, it's a good free replacement. i would recommend a different wallpaper for each profile otherwise you dont know which is one is selected. other than that, it works well