• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Watashi

Nov 7, 2009
I just need to vent about Locale. I'm really mad that they are forcing a $10 upgrade and the product doesn't even work. Location based situations are broken and every review since their forced update has been negative.

Locale is a great app, but 10 bucks seems WAY steep for something that doesn't even seem to be working properly. I'd pay 2-3 dollars no problem with hopes that they would eventually fix what worked fine in Beta and now is broke, but never 10 bucks.

Anyone know of another app that does what locale does but doesn't cost so much for a broken product?

I have not noticed any problems with Locale.
The easiest problem that I had originally was that the location sensor (GPS and such) was very general, it had trouble finding me where I was actually at. Once I widened the location bubble, it has worked smoothly for me ever since.

What problems have you experienced with Locale?
Also, I have not had any prompts to have to pay for it. Did the new release remove the free version?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones