Locale on DIGeneral

Last Updated:

1. thrillerbee

thrillerbee Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone used Locale on their DI yet? Just curious how well it works & if it's worth spending $10 on an app.

Thanks!

p.s. - I know I can give it a test run, but my schedule it pretty boring this week so I wouldn't get to really see it in action.

Advertisement
  2. stanfna

stanfna Well-Known Member

works awesome!!!!!

my set up....

- Bluetooth plug in - when i get in my car (and bluetooth connects) it turns all sounds to "normal" and turns off WIFI

- GPS Location - one for work and one for home. at work it puts everything on vibrate. at home it turns all sounds to normal.

- certain time - every Mon. through Thu nights at 11pm it turns everything to vibrate until 5am.

3. TheObviousChild

TheObviousChild Active Member

Holy crap! Hadn't heard about this about yet. That is one of the most clever apps I could imagine.

4. thrillerbee

Which plugins do you use? Seems like this app could get expensive... nickel & dime model

5. android_freak

android_freak Well-Known Member

If you want to try a cheaper one you can give Setting Profiles a try, they also have a Lite (free) version I'm testing out right now.

6. thrillerbee

The Lite version only allows a single active rule. Can't really test it like that...

7. furman82

furman82 Member

If you don't need to the location aspect of Locale, I suggest Timerriffic. It's free and works using timers. If your day is somewhat structured, as mine is with work between 9 and 6, it tends to do the job.

8. android_freak

android_freak Well-Known Member

This is correct. I meant it more as it will let you get the feel of the app before spending the $4, no so much testing.

9. thrillerbee

Yeah, I've been using that & I guess I'll continue. I haven't spent any money on apps yet, and I don't want to start.

10. DaveS024

DaveS024 Well-Known Member

I bought this app and the location never changes from default. It changed when i first set it up but as soon as it went to default it never changed again

11. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

I use "setting profiles" instead of locale. It basically does the same thing minus the plugins. And it cost only 2 dollars (maybe 3..i don't remember). Another cool thing about setting profiles is the widget. You can use it to quickly switch profiles from you home screen. It comes in handy when I'm going to see a movie. All I have to do is set my silent profile on for two hours and it will automatically switch back once the time expires.

DaveS024 likes this.