locale questions

Last Updated:

1. yukongt300ex

yukongt300ex Member This Topic's Starter

Do you think locale uses a lot of battery? Does it cause the phone to slow down? It is a very useful program but I can set that stuff up myself if it affects the phone a lot. I am wanting to know if anyone has used it for a while, then took it off and seen a big difference. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member

I started using locale two days ago. I LOVE this app. I tried other profile type programs and this one is the best so far. The best part is that I can control what turns on when and how. Even the fact that it recognizes when the charger is attached is better than the other program I was using.

It hardly uses any battery life at all. I use vibrate all day long at work and leave my bluetooth on all the time. It is now midnight and I took my phone off the charger at around 9am this morning. I still have 70% battery life left!

I love this phone.

3. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i kinda wonder if my location makes it hard to use GPS apps sometimes, the maps app works nicely, but locale is kinda goofy. And others aren't working as well either. The scanner apps work but not for local shops

4. i. austin

i. austin Active Member

I recently got a locale update but the gps on locale still is a little buggy for me too.

5. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i got a locale update today, we will see what happens

6. shugknight

shugknight Member

Yes Please post ur results her. I just uninstall it to see if it would help my battery.

7. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member

I found no need to do the GPS function on locale. What would you be using that for in your routine? I'm sure that if you have the GPS going for locale then it would definitely eat up more power.

Guess that's why I haven't noticed any drop with it running.

8. BobD

BobD Member

Motorola Droid user...

I have some of the same questions as this thread and was wondering if anyone has overcome them. I love the concept of Locale and have configured the defaults and other situations.

Specifically, I have defaults as wifi OFF, GPS ON as the default. I also have a situation set up to turn wifi ON when I am at home. But it is not consistent, mostly after the phone goes into sleep mode. The home network doesn't seem to stay connected. I even have wifi in the phone setting (wireless & network settings advanced area) to never switch to mobile data from wifi as the default.

Hopefully I have explained this weel enough. Just wondering if this is an issue with Locale or my understanding of how I have things set up.

Bob D

9. canutastelove

canutastelove New Member

i hear the issues, but where's the tutorial on how to use it

10. BobD

BobD Member

I found it just takes time to explore and learn on it. I actually had it at one time and uninstalled because I couldn't figure it out. Then somewhere on here (do a search) I think I read a bit o how someone set it up. I downloaded it again and understanding how it works just clicked in. I think there is help that comes with the app too.

For me, now that I have explored more today, it appears the connection to the home network is working, although after sleep mode it may take a few minutes to get off 3G and connect with Wifi.

With some of the additional plugins this is definitely the best app. I still need to play with some of the plugins to be sure they work.

11. BobD

BobD Member

Sorry to keep resurrecting this thread, but after playing with the Contacts condition I can't seem to get it to work. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have a condition set so that if my wife calls it will ring a different ring and no vibrate. But when I test it it still has an old ring and the phone vibrates. Not sure what gives. I tried powering down and up, but Locale doesn't seem to recognize the condition for Contacts.

12. dakoop

dakoop Well-Known Member

I keep trying locale but gps just doesn't work. I want ringers to vibrate at work but it can't make that work.

13. matttixc

matttixc New Member

I set a Ringer Off situation and set it to Start:12:00am and End: 7:30am. The problem is that is didn't work. I noticed that the Time Zone looked like it said SMT. Is there a default Time Zone setting? It doesn't match what I have on my phone which is PST. How do I change this?

mattixc

14. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Try moving this condition above any others that control ringer states i.e. give it higher priority.

15. matttixc

matttixc New Member

I only have one other situation created and that is for WiFi.

mattixc

16. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Sorry, I'm out of ideas in that case. If that's the only condition affecting the ringer settings then it should work regardless. :confused:

17. matttixc

matttixc New Member

My quess is that it has something to do with the Time Zone setup in the Time Setting situations.

18. craiglester

craiglester Active Member

is locale not avaiable in the free beta version anymore? grr.. Im not sure the 1.0 works as well and is 9.99.. Got my replacement droid and now i cant put locale on it without paying.. disappointing