Locale =(

Last Updated:

1. Danny159

Danny159 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey,

Is it just me or is Locale no longer free, I had to reflash my phone... went to install it and you have to pay for it :(

Dan

Advertisement
  2. mez

mez Well-Known Member

yeah your right.

did see a thread yesterday or the day before with links to another app similar but better. still very beta tho. thread was call "Locale" i think

3. david83

david83 Well-Known Member

$9.99 seems a bit pricey. its a good app though and very polished. i'm glad i got it when it was free. interestingly when i went into the locale app just now a prompt appeared saying 'an important update is available' would i like to download now? however this does not appear under my downloads so i cancelled out thinking they might try and charge me if i said ok.

4. Chnoch

Chnoch Member

there's still a beta version from locale (i think 0.695 or something like that) available for free, but i don't remember if i found it in the market or somewhere else in the web, but if you search for a while, you'll find it. it works fine for me even though it's only beta.

5. JPG

JPG Member

I'm a newbie and foolishly paid the $9.99 but fortunately it failed to detect my work location and embarrassingly my phone played silly tunes in the office.

I was within the 24 hours grace period so I promptly uninstalled it.

I have learned my lesson and will not pay silly prices:mad: in the future.

JPG

6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

The "important update" is indeed the paid version. It'll prompt you every time you open the app but canceling shuts it up, and day-to-day operation isn't affected.

7. Hrochnick

Hrochnick Well-Known Member

Bizzarely, I'm still seeing it as free! I'm in the Czech Rep, a no paid apps region but still, seems odd that cos I cant pay I can have it for free but because you can pay, you have to...

8. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Is it the latest V1.x or the 0.69x beta version?

Stand by for bus-loads of European Android users pouring into the Czech Republic. :D

9. Hrochnick

Hrochnick Well-Known Member

You're right, it is the beta... so I guess I'm safe from the android invasion after all :p