Location Faker?

Last Updated:

1. z3ta

z3ta New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, i was wondering if it was possible for an application to fake your location. The NBA league pass mobile requires only US.

Advertisement
  2. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

Interesting idea.. and one definitely worth developing. Teens, cheating spouses, lazy workers, all would benefit from an app like this.

3. uoY_redruM

uoY_redruM Well-Known Member

Location Spoofer (http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/location-spoofer_gkmc.html)

I used it a bit when I played a location based game called The Great Land Grab just before I quit to spoof my location and buy land all over the US/Canada.

It allows you to select a location on the map and set how long you want it to "spoof" your location.

You have to enable "allow mock locations" under settings>applications>development>allow mock locations

4. trueslickrick

trueslickrick Member

This app would be a great idea... but it would be easy for someone to catch on it like the caller id faker.

5. RollBravesRoll

RollBravesRoll Active Member

I'll have to try that location spoofer. Supposedly, if you jailbreak your iPhone, there's an app called Location Faker, that you can use to essentially do the same, with the option of being able to do it for a set period of time, which is all you need for the service I'll be looking to use it with, mlb.tv/at bat 11, b/c once you're logged into the game that mlb blocks you from watching, even if you live up to 10 hours away from the damn team you care about watching in some cases, you can turn the ip faker off & go back to doing what you do.