Location not clickable in calendar widget?

Last Updated:

1. thindery

thindery Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am just using the stock calendar app that came with the Captivate. It syncs with google just fine, but the location addresses are not clickable to pull up the map. Very frustrating. I had tried out the EVO for 3 weeks before getting the Captivate, and the stock android calendar would let me pull it up via maps or use navigator which was awesome! Any ideas on what I can do to get the same feature? Maybe I need a different calendar app. Any recommendations?

Advertisement
  2. Loco Leeep

Loco Leeep Well-Known Member

I'm having problems with this too.
    I like the stock calender app but...
    I'm on a lot of conference calls. The invites I receive have the dial in number in the location field. This is the first phone that I've used that doesn't automatically turn a 7, 10 or 11 digit number into a link for dialing.
    Weird, so many other small details are awesome, this seems like a no brainer.

3. zeezz

zeezz Member

Hey guys,
    I got this phone today, assuming this type of feature was in every phone now... You guys figure anything out?

4. no driver

no driver Active Member

Someone recommended Gemini Calendar (free in the market) and it lets me click addresses and phone numbers. It also (and this is why I switched) remembers that I want to put events on my google calendar instead of my phone calendar and doesn't make me select it every time I add something.

5. thindery

thindery Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah Gemini is good. But it too sometimes has issues about making the location clickable. I notified the dev and he said he is aware of the issue and is going to continue to look into it.

6. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

I have reported to Samsung - it is a bug in their calendar app - other 2.1 android phones work fine. I encourage everyone to report to Samsung so that put it high on the fix list.